This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl25 aq CO

• TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Button ($30)
      SB ($32.45)
      BB ($39.90)
      UTG ($25.35)
      UTG+1 ($47.90)
      MP1 ($23.75)
      MP2 ($24.75)
      Hero (MP3) ($42.55)
      CO ($31.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, A
      4 folds, Hero bets $0.85, 3 folds, BB raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1.65

Flop: ($5.10) 4, 3, 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($12.10) A (2 players)
      BB bets $7, Hero calls $7

River: ($26.10) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $15, BB calls $15

Total pot: $56.10 | Rake: $2.70

now take it easy i'm just starting to play cash games NL i played FL and S&G, and MTT

is caling on flop ok,
      on turn imo i cant fold (top pair nice kicker and 2nuts flush draw) i dont it for pot control is that ok, or should i shove on turn??
      as played shoud i chek or bet on river???
      if I should bet on river is bet size ok, he had like 26$ left on river,
      first i was thinking to bet 18-20 couse i want to give me biger fold EQ if he had AK but i bet 15 couse i think he will pay me off with 99-kk and weaker A AT-AJ but he will fold if i bet 18$-20$ and i dont think that he will have AK in that spot often enough.
      my first thought was to bet 18$??

vilain 100 hands
      24/16/2.43
      3bet 3.23
      Cbet flop 88,6%
      Cbet turn 66,4%
      Cbet river 0
      wtsd 31.58,

but when this hand happens we had play like 70-80 hands so stats may be somewhere difrend

• 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d like raise flop instead of calling.
      He need to have there strong draw or overpair to continue with his hand and often he´d fold being deep and oop.
      Although floating is also ok, just he may often barrel turn
      Turn call is likely fine. Don´t really know if he´d bet/call turn with worse hands
      Being deep check back river is ok, although since you´re likely ahead valuebet is ok.
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      Is size of river bet ok??? I bet it 15$, but first i think to bet 18$-20$ and call shove
      pot on river is 26$ he hand 26$ left i have 30$ left

i put him on 55-77, 99-kk, AQ, AK, AJ, ATs,

so imo only hand thats is beating me is AK there,..... so should I bet more like 20$ so he can fold AK or is better to bet less and let him call i think that optimal bet will be 18$ (max value and max fold eq couse is 2/3 of pot and 2/3 of his stack) but i dont know why i bet lower than that

what i ur standard line in this spot(river) check or bet???

i call flop, for pot control, u say raise flop..... how much should i raise there 11$ and fold shove?
    • Cervus
      Cervus
      Bronze
      First of all, I wouldn't call a 3-bet from this player pre-flop. He was likely to have JJ+, AQ+, and you could easily find yourself dominated.

Post-flop, I believe, he could've played any of the above hands as he did (with the exception of AA, perhaps), and you were ahead (~60%) on the river. With his WTSD a value bet around 1/2 pot looks reasonable.

A value bet, mind you, it doesn't make much sense trying to make him fold AK.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheRebuz
      Is size of river bet ok??? I bet it 15$, but first i think to bet 18$-20$ and call shove
      pot on river is 26$ he hand 26$ left i have 30$ left

i put him on 55-77, 99-kk, AQ, AK, AJ, ATs,

so imo only hand thats is beating me is AK there,..... so should I bet more like 20$ so he can fold AK or is better to bet less and let him call i think that optimal bet will be 18$ (max value and max fold eq couse is 2/3 of pot and 2/3 of his stack) but i dont know why i bet lower than that

what i ur standard line in this spot(river) check or bet???

i call flop, for pot control, u say raise flop..... how much should i raise there 11$ and fold shove?
      Since he only has potsize left to call I don´t think he´d fold 20$ for AK
      So if you valuebet river it only comes to that if he´d call with worse AX hands or lower pp-s and the less you bet the more likely he is going to call your river bet.
      I would raise flop to 9$, that is enough to fold his Ax hands and if he calls then I´d try to check it down.
      If I don´t know the player I´d check behind river, since a lot of times you´re valuedowning yourself aganst AK. If I´d bet then 10-13$ to give him good odds with worse hands