[NL20-NL50] nl25 aq CO

• TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Platinum
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Button ($30)
      SB ($32.45)
      BB ($39.90)
      UTG ($25.35)
      UTG+1 ($47.90)
      MP1 ($23.75)
      MP2 ($24.75)
      Hero (MP3) ($42.55)
      CO ($31.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, A
      4 folds, Hero bets $0.85, 3 folds, BB raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1.65

Flop: ($5.10) 4, 3, 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($12.10) A (2 players)
      BB bets $7, Hero calls $7

River: ($26.10) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $15, BB calls $15

Total pot: $56.10 | Rake: $2.70

now take it easy i'm just starting to play cash games NL i played FL and S&G, and MTT

is caling on flop ok,
      on turn imo i cant fold (top pair nice kicker and 2nuts flush draw) i dont it for pot control is that ok, or should i shove on turn??
      as played shoud i chek or bet on river???
      if I should bet on river is bet size ok, he had like 26$ left on river,
      first i was thinking to bet 18-20 couse i want to give me biger fold EQ if he had AK but i bet 15 couse i think he will pay me off with 99-kk and weaker A AT-AJ but he will fold if i bet 18$-20$ and i dont think that he will have AK in that spot often enough.
      my first thought was to bet 18$??

vilain 100 hands
      24/16/2.43
      3bet 3.23
      Cbet flop 88,6%
      Cbet turn 66,4%
      Cbet river 0
      wtsd 31.58,

but when this hand happens we had play like 70-80 hands so stats may be somewhere difrend

• 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d like raise flop instead of calling.
      He need to have there strong draw or overpair to continue with his hand and often he´d fold being deep and oop.
      Although floating is also ok, just he may often barrel turn
      Turn call is likely fine. Don´t really know if he´d bet/call turn with worse hands
      Being deep check back river is ok, although since you´re likely ahead valuebet is ok.
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Platinum
      Is size of river bet ok??? I bet it 15$, but first i think to bet 18$-20$ and call shove
      pot on river is 26$ he hand 26$ left i have 30$ left

i put him on 55-77, 99-kk, AQ, AK, AJ, ATs,

so imo only hand thats is beating me is AK there,..... so should I bet more like 20$ so he can fold AK or is better to bet less and let him call i think that optimal bet will be 18$ (max value and max fold eq couse is 2/3 of pot and 2/3 of his stack) but i dont know why i bet lower than that

what i ur standard line in this spot(river) check or bet???

i call flop, for pot control, u say raise flop..... how much should i raise there 11$ and fold shove?
    • Cervus
      Cervus
      Bronze
      First of all, I wouldn't call a 3-bet from this player pre-flop. He was likely to have JJ+, AQ+, and you could easily find yourself dominated.

Post-flop, I believe, he could've played any of the above hands as he did (with the exception of AA, perhaps), and you were ahead (~60%) on the river. With his WTSD a value bet around 1/2 pot looks reasonable.

A value bet, mind you, it doesn't make much sense trying to make him fold AK.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheRebuz
      Is size of river bet ok??? I bet it 15$, but first i think to bet 18$-20$ and call shove
      pot on river is 26$ he hand 26$ left i have 30$ left

i put him on 55-77, 99-kk, AQ, AK, AJ, ATs,

so imo only hand thats is beating me is AK there,..... so should I bet more like 20$ so he can fold AK or is better to bet less and let him call i think that optimal bet will be 18$ (max value and max fold eq couse is 2/3 of pot and 2/3 of his stack) but i dont know why i bet lower than that

what i ur standard line in this spot(river) check or bet???

i call flop, for pot control, u say raise flop..... how much should i raise there 11$ and fold shove?
      Since he only has potsize left to call I don´t think he´d fold 20$ for AK
      So if you valuebet river it only comes to that if he´d call with worse AX hands or lower pp-s and the less you bet the more likely he is going to call your river bet.
      I would raise flop to 9$, that is enough to fold his Ax hands and if he calls then I´d try to check it down.
      If I don´t know the player I´d check behind river, since a lot of times you´re valuedowning yourself aganst AK. If I´d bet then 10-13$ to give him good odds with worse hands