This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] J9s NL10 SH

• wickdclown
      wickdclown
      Bronze
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($9.80)
      BB ($13.68)
      UTG ($2)
      UTG+1 ($11.20)
      CO ($5.20) [54/6/1.5 -150hands]
      BTN ($10.35)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: J:spade:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, fold, Hero calls $0.05, check,

FLOP ($0.30) 8:club: T:spade: T:club:

check, check, check,

TURN ($0.30) 8:club: T:spade: T:club: 7:heart:

Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30, CO calls $0.30,

RIVER ($1.20) 8:club: T:spade: T:club: 7:heart: 2:heart:

Hero bets $0.75, BB folds, CO raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.70, CO calls $3.30 (AI),

CO shows T:diamond: 8:heart:
      (Flop 99.4%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero shows 9:spade: J:spade:
      (Flop 0.6%, Turn 0.0%)

CO wins $10.08

Completing this pre-flop was very tempting. How often am I ahead with straight after reraise on such board? As I watch this hand now I probably should just call small reraise, not shove (villain is bad player, i thought he was slowplaying Tx). Almost same situation happened few hands later. I had straight on paired board, I raise the river, villain shoves. I folded then. What's the best play in situations like this?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't hate a jam on the river since he might show naked trips sometimes, but calling the minraise is lower variance in those situations where you have the option of taking a showdown when unsure. Plus his line really looks like a slowplay and it's easier for people to slowplay when they have the deck crushed with T8 than it is with naked trips on a board where both flushes and straight are possible.

Hope it helps.