I'm a 14 year old. This week sucks!

• markiepoop
      markiepoop
      Global
      I don't really know if this thread should be here.

Yes, i am a 14 year old boy, whom has failed in getting the free $50 Startup capital as they requested for my ID check. To think i was so excited and anxious the past 2 days, all the hopes are now vanished.

I stayed by the computer for hours and hours, restarting my TitanPoker application over and over again, hoping to see the extra $50 in there. No, it didn't appear, and it never will. I realised that without the ID check, there would be no money going into my Poker account.

I know it was really wrong for me to attempt to trick the system. It's a desperate measure i had to take. A legal age of 18 was required to 'gamble'. I don't called Poker 'gambling'. Gosh. I asked my parents who were usually very lenient. They got pissed off at me after i pestered them for days. I was really disappointed and sad.

During the past few days, i had stopped almost all my activities. I stopped Jogging, Going for my Boxing lessons, the Gym. Mainly because i was so anxious about receiving the $50 and starting off my poker underage career. Dang. POOF. It was gone. Oh well, it could be a good thing that i finally realised i would not be receiving the cash, at least my daily activities would resume as usual.

4 years is a very long time. I would be 18 by then. The legal age to participate in Poker, online poker, perhaps. I really dislike Play Money Poker, there's no 'kick' from it, and players are making bets without much thinking. It's 'PLAY MONEY'. What could i except?

I played Poker weekly with my relatives ( uncles ). And enjoy Poker very much. I used to lose alot in the past, about $30 USD weekly. Till i decided to learn strategries and play with skill. I started raking in cash! I was overwhelmed with joy when i found out about Pokerstrategy.

I read articles on poker, pokerblogs, watched thousands of poker videos. Maybe just hundreds. I was so motivated, and inspired to be a PokerPro. A pokerblog which most motivated me was the blog about two drop-out brothers who played poker as their livelihood. Really amazing if you ask me.

I don't understand why they put the 18 year old limit. I've got my own little savings, and i wish to spend it on Poker, what's wrong! Isn't it better than buying a $50 branded shirt or maybe a $500 gaming console which i would dispose and get bored of in a short while? This is frustrating! I might not be as mature as an 18 year old, but i feel i should have the ability to make my own decisions. Why stop me from playing Poker. It's just my LOVE!

O well, guess i have to quit whining now and get back to reality. This really sucks. Yes, SUCKS. I feel little meaning in life ?( . Just kidding :P

I just feel real disappointed....despair...3 days of my life wasted :( XXX [Edited by EagleStar88- Breach of Forum Rule 3

Rule 3: No advertising

• No requests or offers for private money transfers
      • No advertising of affiliate offers/poker sites, who finance themselves through affiliate marketing
      • No soliciting from poker rooms that we do not collaborate with
      • Only our coaches and video producers are permitted to offer private coaching (private poker lessons)
  • 7 replies
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      am i the only that actually read this lol good story kid, give you an advice while your young don't gamble
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      get one of your uncles to stake you.

:f_cool:
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by markiepoop
      I stayed by the computer for hours and hours, restarting my TitanPoker application over and over again, hoping to see the extra $50 in there.

During the past few days, i had stopped almost all my activities. I stopped Jogging, Going for my Boxing lessons, the Gym. Mainly because i was so anxious about receiving the $50 and starting off my poker underage career.
      What do you think? May be this would be the reason???

Insta addicted.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      you could always play the freerolls if you are not capable to deposit. These are pretty easy to cash and still can be quite fun. Then in 4 years when you turn 18 you might have earned a nice amount so you have a nice start bankroll when you can get the starting amount here ;) .
    • markiepoop
      markiepoop
      Global
      that's very true. i realised i am 14, might get overly obsessed with things.

yes, i admit i am overly obsessed with poker. It was a mistake to stop my daily activites because i was too anxious. I called it excitement though.

For example your about to visit your dream country the next day; you wouldn't be able to sleep, would you :) Same concept , i guess :p

I feel that i have learnt good Bankroll management and cut-loss skills. Ways to prevent downswings.

i don't say that because i just want to play Poker.

When i was about 12, i played an online game, which involved some staking between characters for the game currency. ( Two characters fight one another, the winner takes the stake ).

I was really enjoying the Staking, till it was removed from the game. I experienced loads of UPS and DOWNS, and till one point, i cried for almost an hour because i was cleaned ( lost all my money ). Completely. I was unable to accept the fact. When i was losing i had the common gambler mindset " Just one more time, i'll win the next one!".

It was totally wrong. I even had my father to purchase 35,000,000 of the game currency at about $150. I know i was spoilt, but it was because of my good exam grades and my dad didn't want to see me so sad. Then, my father had taught me to manage my money properly ( something like BR management ).

I still had UPS and Downs, but the DOWNS were cut by alot. I then went to a peak of 150M ( about $600 worth ) before the game removed the feature staking. I was really sad, and gave/lost all the 150m away through suiciding in the game, etc. That was another point which i learnt from.

I should not have let emotions take over me, and should have sold the gold since i was quitting the game.

Through the game experience, i learn much of BR management.

I CAN PLAY POKER!
    • markiepoop
      markiepoop
      Global
      Originally posted by sirilidion
      you could always play the freerolls if you are not capable to deposit. These are pretty easy to cash and still can be quite fun. Then in 4 years when you turn 18 you might have earned a nice amount so you have a nice start bankroll when you can get the starting amount here ;) .
      Yeah :D i'm doing freerolls at the moment. But it seems really impossible, but i doubt i will ever give up.

It's like emerging 27th/2700th people, or at Pokerstars, /11500 people.

Extraordinary numbers. But i'll guess i have to stick the freerolls till i'm 18.

This really sucks.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi markiepoop,

PokerStrategy takes legal issues, including the legal age to play poker, very seriously as they are a well respected and responsible company.

We appreciate your disappointment at not being able to play, however you will appreciate that this is outside of PokerStrategy's control.

As continuing this discussion would more than likely lead to further breaches of the forum rules or legal issues, I will be closing this thread.

I trust you will understand.

Best regards,

Bart