Should I switch to FTP?

• Milkafish
      Milkafish
      Bronze
      So in the last two months I managed to build a decent sized bankroll(around 850$) from scratch by playing STTs at stars, I'm currently playing 5.5$ sngs and I'm looking to switch to 11$ ones once I have 100+ buyins.

The thing is I'm considering a switch to Full Tilt Poker, 600$ bonus + rakeback + getting tracked at pokerstrategy sounds nice, otoh I'm starting to be able to put in a decent volume at PS(I'll be goldstar by the end of this month and probably a platinum at the end of the next one) and I will have some decent amounts of time as college student for next two years and I really do suspect I'll get to Supernova levels there if I continue with my efforts. Also I got really used to rstars look and feel, and I appreciate their excellent support.

Should I go or should I stay?
  • 6 replies
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      If you say that you are mine. I'll be here til the end of time...

if you mainly play sng/mtt stick to stars more traffic and choice
    • monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      I personally just moved from Stars to FTP, but i only play micro-stake cashies so my 5cents worth may not be so useful to you.

I too had 'the feel' at stars, and FTP just doesnt seem to get me in the zone so much, probly coz i am constantly comparing it to see which i like the most. This could just be a personal thing, but stars is like home to me :f_biggrin:

FTP has quite a range of MTT/SNG's, more-so than stars, but than again the amount of traffic compared to FTP makes up for that.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Tilt and Stars both have enough traffic at small sng's so that's not an issue.

Just making supernova isn't really worth it, it gives 28% rakeback, + ~2-3% for every 100000 VPP after that.

Full Tilt has first depo bonus (you'll be getting 42(?)% rakeback for the duration of bonus, after that you should get ~30% rb overall with Iron Man promo and Full Tilt points.

If you were cash game player, I'd stay at stars because Full Tilt has much higher rake at small limits, but as sng player you definately should switch.
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anssi

Just making supernova isn't really worth it, it gives 28% rakeback, + ~2-3% for every 100000 VPP after that.

Full Tilt has first depo bonus (you'll be getting 42(?)% rakeback for the duration of bonus, after that you should get ~30% rb overall with Iron Man promo and Full Tilt points.

If you were cash game player, I'd stay at stars because Full Tilt has much higher rake at small limits, but as sng player you definately should switch.
      how do you know? i feel like i've been robbed lol
    • THeGaME23
      THeGaME23
      Bronze
      I like Stars software the most. But FTP is still good and has more than enough traffic for the most part. And with rakeback and good bonuses its a great place to play. But I still plan to move to Stars when I get a big enough bankroll to go for SNE (gonna be a while :P )
    • Milkafish
      Milkafish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anssi

Full Tilt it is, it will be nice to clear 600$ bonus. :f_cool: