Sit and Go Tournaments strategy

• KingKruger
      KingKruger
      Bronze
      When using the sit and go tournament strategy guide , what type of tables should you be sitting at full ring or short handed . Also does it matter if they are turbo's or not .
  • 4 replies
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hey King,

I believe the strategy is for a 9-10 handed SnG. Adjustments would be needed for short-handed, turbo, or multi-table tournaments.

Hope this helps.
    • KingKruger
      KingKruger
      Bronze
      Okay but in sit and go's you eventually are short handed so does it really matter if you start off like that
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey KingKruger,

Ramble is correct.

There are certain stages in a SNG/MTT.
      Early/Middle and Late.
      You have to adjust to players being eliminated/blinds increasing, etc etc.

Short-handed and Full ring are very similar, the main difference is the Pre-flop action. A lot of players switch from Full ring to Short-handed cause there is usually more fish and more action.

As for turbo's, obviously the game is much faster and you reach push/fold a lot quicker. But I don't have much experience in turbo's so I can't really comment.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KingKruger
      Okay but in sit and go's you eventually are short handed so does it really matter if you start off like that
      It does matter. There is different payout structure for in the 6 handed tournaments so the ICM trainer won't relly help you with those as much.
      I mean the strategy in the early or middle stages is probably almost the same but tournaments are decided in the push or fold stage and that is where the strategy has to differ in full ring and shorthanded tournaments.