This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

All in TT considering positions

• andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Just played a hand and i think i played it bad. I want to know if you're opinion is the same.

10 People SNG, 5$, 5 players.

3 people with decent stack sizez (me about 17BB the other 2 dudes 20BB, 15BB respectively, 1 player with 5BB and one with 3BB).

Problem is i didn't passed my mind to take a screenshot so i guess i have to explain them.

Basically the short-stacked players were shielded by the other big stacks so that they couldn't push into me and i couldn't push into them. Even though i would absolutely love to.

So to be alive i had to steal chips from somewhere. And i had no choice but the big boys.

Everybody folds to me in the SB. I make a raise to t600 (3BB) into the chip leader who pushes me all in.

I call. Why did I? Short answer: it was a snap call, just felt ok.

Why this is not an (extremely) bad call? Because he may push me around because he's the chip leader and i will call tight because of the 2 short-stacks. Of course he wouldn't think of this, but he might instinctively do it.

Why is it a bad idea? Because i have a big stack and very good odds to eventually get ITM.

What do you think?
  • 3 replies
      Bronze
      I think that with 15 BBs left in this exact situation I am open shoving TT.

So as played, its a snap call.. but With 6 or more tables open its quite possible I wouild just
      open shove TT with 17 BBs left as well.Thisis wthout reads. To get deeper into it for you,
      I would put myself in his shoes, and see that he would know I only have 17 BBs left, and
      by 3x raising it would show that I am doing this knowing I am pretty much commited to
      any hand once we go postflop which would say, if he knew that I knew what I Was doing,
      that I was holding a very good hand raising like this with 17 BBs instead of shoving.

Therefore it would be a possible lay down but that is read specific.

Against an unkown its all in all day with TT+ 5 handed and 17 BBs left.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      when there are 5 left i love the raise/call.

if there were 4 i would shove directly as u don't want him to try and push u off ur hand when he has some random KJ or whatever.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      when there are 5 left i love the raise/call.

if there were 4 i would shove directly as u don't want him to try and push u off ur hand when he has some random KJ or whatever.
      +1