All in TT considering positions

• andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Just played a hand and i think i played it bad. I want to know if you're opinion is the same.

10 People SNG, 5$, 5 players.

3 people with decent stack sizez (me about 17BB the other 2 dudes 20BB, 15BB respectively, 1 player with 5BB and one with 3BB).

Problem is i didn't passed my mind to take a screenshot so i guess i have to explain them.

Basically the short-stacked players were shielded by the other big stacks so that they couldn't push into me and i couldn't push into them. Even though i would absolutely love to.

So to be alive i had to steal chips from somewhere. And i had no choice but the big boys.

Everybody folds to me in the SB. I make a raise to t600 (3BB) into the chip leader who pushes me all in.

I call. Why did I? Short answer: it was a snap call, just felt ok.

Why this is not an (extremely) bad call? Because he may push me around because he's the chip leader and i will call tight because of the 2 short-stacks. Of course he wouldn't think of this, but he might instinctively do it.

Why is it a bad idea? Because i have a big stack and very good odds to eventually get ITM.

What do you think?
  • 3 replies
      Bronze
      I think that with 15 BBs left in this exact situation I am open shoving TT.

So as played, its a snap call.. but With 6 or more tables open its quite possible I wouild just
      open shove TT with 17 BBs left as well.Thisis wthout reads. To get deeper into it for you,
      I would put myself in his shoes, and see that he would know I only have 17 BBs left, and
      by 3x raising it would show that I am doing this knowing I am pretty much commited to
      any hand once we go postflop which would say, if he knew that I knew what I Was doing,
      that I was holding a very good hand raising like this with 17 BBs instead of shoving.

Therefore it would be a possible lay down but that is read specific.

Against an unkown its all in all day with TT+ 5 handed and 17 BBs left.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      when there are 5 left i love the raise/call.

if there were 4 i would shove directly as u don't want him to try and push u off ur hand when he has some random KJ or whatever.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      when there are 5 left i love the raise/call.

if there were 4 i would shove directly as u don't want him to try and push u off ur hand when he has some random KJ or whatever.
      +1