Stack
      UTG2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $5.54
      Hero:
      $5.00

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:heart: , A:diamond: . UTG2 posts a blind of $0.05.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 checks, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.30, 4 folds, MP3 calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.72) J:diamond: , 3:diamond: , J:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.30, MP3 raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $1.80, MP3 calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.32) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero...?

Value bet's or check behind and call a river bet? Should I just disregard the possible flushdraw after my opponent simply completes my 3bet on the flop? I'm committed but do I want to save myself as much money as I can in case of a flush by checking behind?
  • 3 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Turn: I would b/c AI. You have trips + the nut FD. Also you have some outs to improve to FH.

Tampa
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can see it the other way around too, if he has the last J you're losing money by checking it down, he's not folding it even on the flushing turn. That's not so likely, but you also have the Ad which reduces the combos of flushes he can have, and even if he has a made flush you're drawing to a full house and a better flush. Just jam the turn and don't overthink it :)

Hope it helps.
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Turn: ($4.32) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.32) T:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $4.32

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows trío, jotas (Jh Ad)
      MP3 shows dos pares, reyes y jotas (Kd Kc)

Hero wins with trío, jotas (Jh Ad)

I'm a wuss :s_cry: , I'll know better next time. Fishes love for suited cards is what scared me, but I have to get rid of this mentality then. Not everytime they call on a flushy board means they have a flush draw.