Ok whats going on with Community events??

• Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Whats going on?

We were starting to get 40 people a week at one point with BotD and man do I owe a few Spaniards some bad beats! Losing KK and AA at two different FT's still bugs me... :)

But seriously if anything started bringing in people and creating a good atmosphere it was BotD.

I know it was a lot of work but with the new guys around maybe we could get something going.

Oh and hello everyone!

memories .... boing boing
  • 10 replies
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I guess by no reply I got my answer :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Cardbender,

Sorry only just seen this due to your bump post otherwise would have responded before.

I have been liaising closely with the Community Managers in particular with SoyCD over the last couple of months on this.

Due to a lot of other stuff going on at PokerStrategy at the moment, there hasn't been the opportunity to organise an official BoTD style event yet.
      There have of course been so many other events too such as the new rake races and the $1 Mansion tournament.

I will raise this again with Michael & Hadi and see if we can set something up as I totally agree with you and other members that these are great fun and help create a superb community spirit.

I am happy to set these up/co-ordinate etc and help run them on a weekly basis and could keep results updated or post them in the commnity news etc.
      Obviously any additional help from any members would also be great too.

The take up would of course be a lot better if we can get official endorsement from PokerStrategy (not sure about added value, but I can ask ;) ), hence I'll speak to the new CM's about this later today and get back to you.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Hey,

Ok,

I think in the past PS has endorsed BotD. With stakes alone I believe PS lost $$.

I really like playing vs other communities "damn Spaniards" :)

And it is too bad the amount of work it took to get it going strong. Hence we tried the one trial radio commentary (me and Earp), interviews, stats, stake promos, articles etc..

I bet Soy likes having his weekends again!

I know I was doing my share but had to stop abruptly due to school/life. I still owe Hylinkin a kick ass interview. :(

The one thing I noticed with BotD, was it created good spirit and was a great way for new members to interact with others rather than just in the forum.

Anyways a good way to get things going is to have a small MTT with bounties on the new/old admins heads kind of a welcome to the community tourney. :)

I promise I'll take it easy on em... lol

Thanks for the reply,

Yours Truly
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Ah memories,

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/Sidewalker-Cruising-in-Paris-With-a-Banana-Trike_13237

haha
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Just trying to get some interest posting these old rivalry posters.

Even though I was on Team Soy for 3 of the seasons I still get a chuckle seeing em.

I am surprised no comments. not even one haha ...

Media Maniacs Rule!

SoyCD why no comments? you still around these days?
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      BotD events are always great, helps you get to know new members and learn new things in the process. I only managed half of one season due to other commitments but I'd definitly be keen for another one. I'm sure there would be plenty of interest especially if it is promoted well enough.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey CardBender :)

Yes I'm still around of course :D

The BoTD were always great fun - even though my girlfriend is quite happy that they are over :) We are currently trying to introduce more $1 + tons of money added tournaments (we had one on Mansion a while back and now have the next one on the 29th of November on Titan) - so these do provide a great place for community rivalry - as they are exclusive to PokerStrategy members.

I really hope we will be able to have some more community oriented events in the future - and am pretty sure we will have at least one awesome surprise sometime during Christmas ;)

Regards
      SoyCD
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Yeah its too bad I cant play titan mtts. They wont retrack my play account to PS. In the past I had to be tracked to PS to play the Titan freerolls. Is this the case now?

Mansion I had nothing but issues with trying to get my points turned into Mtt tokens so after 2 weeks+ of dealing with em i just went back playing at Stars.

Because I play Mtts mainly I stick with Stars. Will there be community tourneys at stars again?

Thanks for the reply :)
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cardbender
      Whats going on?

We were starting to get 40 people a week at one point with BotD and man do I owe a few Spaniards some bad beats! Losing KK and AA at two different FT's still bugs me... :)

But seriously if anything started bringing in people and creating a good atmosphere it was BotD.

I know it was a lot of work but with the new guys around maybe we could get something going.

Oh and hello everyone!

memories .... boing boing
      +1
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hey CardBender :)

Yes I'm still around of course :D

The BoTD were always great fun - even though my girlfriend is quite happy that they are over :) We are currently trying to introduce more $1 + tons of money added tournaments (we had one on Mansion a while back and now have the next one on the 29th of November on Titan) - so these do provide a great place for community rivalry - as they are exclusive to PokerStrategy members.

I really hope we will be able to have some more community oriented events in the future - and am pretty sure we will have at least one awesome surprise sometime during Christmas ;)

Regards
      SoyCD
      cooooool