Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($10.39)
      BTN ($5.80)
      SB ($9.37)
      Hero ($15.77)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) Hero is BB J:heart: A:diamond:
      2 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: 2:diamond: 7:heart: 5:club: ($0.60, 2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.60

Turn: 4:diamond: ($2.60, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: A:heart: ($2.60, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

I decided to raise on the flop because of the very dry board (I felt that he had probably missed the flop as well and was c-betting with air) and because I had a fair amount of fold equity.

Should I have considered 3-betting preflop? I know AJo is a pretty marginal hand, but I was tempted since we were 4-handed and I had position.

I was debating whether I should have made a small value bet on the river, but would that have really done anything except chase out weaker hands?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well, if he's bad it's fine to 3bet AJo there with position, since he'll call you with worse hands. If he's some kind of tag you're probably better off seeing a flop in position with a hand that stands to be better than his steal range and make his life miserable, because tags won't call light out of position.

The flop is okay, tho you can also just peel one and see what happens on the turn if he's not too aggressive, AJ-high will often be good at showdown.

As for the river, what it boils down to is he never has a better hand then yours. Unless he's really really trappy. So you're not risking much by trying to valuebet there unless he's super aggressive and can bluff raise you. He might put you on garbage trying to represent the A and call you.

Hope it helps.