sklansky pushesh and how to use them

• boyadzhiev
      boyadzhiev
      Bronze
      Okay, so I have the charts and the whole article actually as one of my friends that is gold gave it to me. We both play short stacked.
      BUT ... The thing is that he does not only push as described in the chart BUT he pushes even if there are limpers in the hand already.
      It works for him, most of the times everyone folds and even if someone calls he has a good chance to win. He plays NL100 and I can pretty much say that he is doing well. But it doesn't seems to work for me. May be because I play NL10 and there are so many loose players and fish?
      So how about you guys, do you use sklansky pushes when there are already limpers in the hand or you stick to the article?
  • 3 replies
    • PokerRoad
      PokerRoad
      Bronze
      You short stackers make my blood boil :s_mad: .Mabey you might actually play poker ..& not just shove over wide ranges :s_evil:

If the poker sites were not so greedy for rake ..All tables would have a 50bb min buy in (this is the only way to stop you guys ruining poker for everyone else) .
      . sorry it had to be said
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I'm pretty sure they don't work with limpers since they assume a 100 range we are playing against. Aslo their edge is pretty small aginst the blind in the worse hands.

For example A2 in Sb against a limper just can't be profitable, since you will always be behind a lot against any sensible calling range. If limper limps 30% half of his range just crushes you and BB will wake up with a hand good enough in 15% of the cases.

It surely can be profitable to push hands like at-Aq,77-TT since they are ahead of limpers range and don't play that well out of position postflop.
    • boyadzhiev
      boyadzhiev
      Bronze
      well, from what I see it works fine for him as he plays that way for over half a year at 16 tables at a time 2-3 hours a day. Any explanation?