BRM with split bankroll

• thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

i am almost sure this topic came up before, but i could not find it with the forum search. What do you guys do - in terms of bankroll management - if you have money on two (or more) different sites? Would you play the according level for the addition of bankrolls (example: FullTilt $1200 and PokerStars $1300 and i want to play a BRM of BSS with 50buyins of the level... so $2500 would be enough to play NL50) or would you play a BRM to each site's bankroll accordingly?

I think i pretty much know the answer, because it doesn't matter where your money is, but i also think about the psychology factor of losing it all on one site. What are your thoughts about this?

Regards
      the german heating
  • 4 replies
    • GrantJennings
      GrantJennings
      Bronze
      I have bankrolls split between my live game play and my online play. Since all of my live game earnings went to rent, that bankroll has "dissappeared" in a sense. However, I still just play at a limit that I'm comfortable, that protects me against busto, but allows me to best leverage my time and resources. Right now, that's NL50, even though my online roll is a little light for that.

In your position, I'd feel pretty clear that NL50 was safe at either site. If you have a downswing on one site, maybe that's an indication that you could drop down to NL25 and grind it, but I'd play the biggest limit where you are comfortable, both in terms of your edge at the table, and in proportion to your total bankroll.
    • PokerRoad
      PokerRoad
      Bronze
      Ok ..ur Bankroll is your Bankroll reguardless of what site... or how many sites you have it on ... your combined total is your bankroll so 50 buy ins is from your total roll ..
    • PokerRoad
      PokerRoad
      Bronze
      Ok just read the rest of your posts .. & you worry too much play within your roll thats it ... 50 buy ins 2.5k is fine .try to think of it as a total roll
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      imo your bankroll is whatever money you've set aside for poker.

It doesn't matter if its split across multiple sites.