This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 50NL SH QJs IP vs LAG

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

CO ($23.75)

Gerv (Button) ($99.75)
      SB ($71.90)
      BB ($9.25)
      UTG ($63.55)
      MP ($14.10)

Preflop: Gerv is Button with Q, J
      2 folds, CO bets $1.50, Gerv calls $1.50, 2 folds

#1. Should I 3bet preflop here? I didn't do this because I would be playing 3bet/fold against a shove which I found such a waste of Q:hJ. Also I keep the pot relatively small and I can build the pot against this 40bb with ease

Flop: ($3.75) 2, Q, 3 (2 players)
      CO checks, Gerv bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) 2 (2 players)
      CO checks, Gerv bets $6, CO calls $6

River: ($20.75) 7 (2 players)
      CO checks, Gerv bets $89.75 (All-In), CO calls $13.75 (All-In)

Do I valuetown myself against better Jx hands or is this a standard line?
  • 4 replies
    • Ardarandir
      Ardarandir
      Bronze
      I wouldn't 3-bet preflop without a hand that i want to call vs. this kind of stack size. The rest of the hand is played fine in my opinion. I am exspecting too many 88-JJ type of hands in his range, since he is easily aggressive enough to get in with a KQ/AQ. If I would have seen him slowplay a mediocre hand before though i might check that river
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ardarandir
      I wouldn't 3-bet preflop without a hand that i want to call vs. this kind of stack size. The rest of the hand is played fine in my opinion. I am exspecting too many 88-JJ type of hands in his range, since he is easily aggressive enough to get in with a KQ/AQ. If I would have seen him slowplay a mediocre hand before though i might check that river
      +1
      I would also call pf, since QJs is good enough to play postflop ip.
      postflop is fine.If you´re not sure how he plays there for example AQ/QK then check behind river is also ok.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Is shoving all-in on the river better than betting for example exactly what he has left if we want him to call? Does it really looks more bluffy for a fish?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      Is shoving all-in on the river better than betting for example exactly what he has left if we want him to call? Does it really looks more bluffy for a fish?
      imo betting 14$ is a little better, since most of the times fish take all-in shove rather strenght than bluff