[NL20-NL50] 50NL SH KJs pre/postflop

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

BB ($22.55)
      UTG ($52.80)

MP ($30.05)

Button ($14.40)
      Gerv (SB) ($50)

Preflop: Gerv is SB with J, K
      UTG bets $1.50, MP calls $1.50, 1 fold, Gerv calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($6) 7, T, 7 (4 players)
      Gerv bets $4.50, 1 fold, UTG calls $4.50, MP raises $28.55 (All-In), Gerv raises $44 (All-In), 1 fold

I didn't had any tendencies to 3bet preflop since Nit was UTG as you can see at his stats. He folds to 3bet 60% in EP so I dont know..

Flop is like standard right? I found leading Flop better than c/R
  • 4 replies
    • Ardarandir
      Ardarandir
      Bronze
      either calling or 3-betting is fine in my opinion.
      I dont think that leading that flop is optimal though. The problem is that we might not have any fold equity, which is a disaster with the hand. I would go for a c/r here
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I think we are flipping at best if we get it all-in with a c/r while a leading bet can invite worser hands to call us.

Do we need Fold Equity here Ardarandir ? I mean that I do not really see what you are meaning with that so if you would explain it to me please :)

- Gerv
    • Ardarandir
      Ardarandir
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I think we are flipping at best if we get it all-in with a c/r while a leading bet can invite worser hands to call us.

Do we need Fold Equity here Ardarandir ? I mean that I do not really see what you are meaning with that so if you would explain it to me please :)

- Gerv
      The point is that there are really no worse hands coming along...lets just look at the numbers here:

Best case
      Villain has 89 which he going to flat vs. the lead he has got 31,1%

If Villain has 88 he has already 50,1%

with a hand like JT he has 55,1%

vs a range of 88,99,9T,JT,QT,KT,AT,67,78,TT,JJ-AA we have 42,5%

some villains won't call a lead here with 88,99 other will. The point is though, most won't call a c/r, so just in case UTG and MP have 88 and decide to c-bet and we c/r and they fold, we make them fold a 50,1% share of the pot which is obviously massive. So the range above is a total of 11,61%. If we handle to make 88,99,9T,JT,QT,KT fold on the flop villain folds 49,4% of his range. A range against which we run at 49%, the range we get it in against will obviously be stronger now ( vs. AT,67,78,TT,JJ-AA we have 35,4%). But there really is no need for keeping the rest of his range around

PS: i took flush draws out of the equitation because the most likeliest flush draw is some Acxc flush draw but there are obviously others that we dominate too, so I think it doenst make a difference for the equation
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      leading is ok on the flop
      Your hand is not that strong that you should play there for stacks, which you might have to do if you c/r flop
      If you lead then you can decide if you want to fold if someone raises or shove and some times you take pot down if they don´t hold very strong hand
      shoving against middlestack is fine. You´re flipping or maybe are ahead at some times