This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 50NL SH KJs pre/postflop

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

BB ($22.55)
      UTG ($52.80)

MP ($30.05)

Button ($14.40)
      Gerv (SB) ($50)

Preflop: Gerv is SB with J, K
      UTG bets $1.50, MP calls $1.50, 1 fold, Gerv calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($6) 7, T, 7 (4 players)
      Gerv bets $4.50, 1 fold, UTG calls $4.50, MP raises $28.55 (All-In), Gerv raises $44 (All-In), 1 fold

I didn't had any tendencies to 3bet preflop since Nit was UTG as you can see at his stats. He folds to 3bet 60% in EP so I dont know..

Flop is like standard right? I found leading Flop better than c/R
  • 4 replies
    • Ardarandir
      Ardarandir
      Bronze
      either calling or 3-betting is fine in my opinion.
      I dont think that leading that flop is optimal though. The problem is that we might not have any fold equity, which is a disaster with the hand. I would go for a c/r here
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I think we are flipping at best if we get it all-in with a c/r while a leading bet can invite worser hands to call us.

Do we need Fold Equity here Ardarandir ? I mean that I do not really see what you are meaning with that so if you would explain it to me please :)

- Gerv
    • Ardarandir
      Ardarandir
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I think we are flipping at best if we get it all-in with a c/r while a leading bet can invite worser hands to call us.

Do we need Fold Equity here Ardarandir ? I mean that I do not really see what you are meaning with that so if you would explain it to me please :)

- Gerv
      The point is that there are really no worse hands coming along...lets just look at the numbers here:

Best case
      Villain has 89 which he going to flat vs. the lead he has got 31,1%

If Villain has 88 he has already 50,1%

with a hand like JT he has 55,1%

vs a range of 88,99,9T,JT,QT,KT,AT,67,78,TT,JJ-AA we have 42,5%

some villains won't call a lead here with 88,99 other will. The point is though, most won't call a c/r, so just in case UTG and MP have 88 and decide to c-bet and we c/r and they fold, we make them fold a 50,1% share of the pot which is obviously massive. So the range above is a total of 11,61%. If we handle to make 88,99,9T,JT,QT,KT fold on the flop villain folds 49,4% of his range. A range against which we run at 49%, the range we get it in against will obviously be stronger now ( vs. AT,67,78,TT,JJ-AA we have 35,4%). But there really is no need for keeping the rest of his range around

PS: i took flush draws out of the equitation because the most likeliest flush draw is some Acxc flush draw but there are obviously others that we dominate too, so I think it doenst make a difference for the equation
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      leading is ok on the flop
      Your hand is not that strong that you should play there for stacks, which you might have to do if you c/r flop
      If you lead then you can decide if you want to fold if someone raises or shove and some times you take pot down if they don´t hold very strong hand
      shoving against middlestack is fine. You´re flipping or maybe are ahead at some times