[NL2-NL10] 3s4s steal on the BU

• pablomeza
      Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 4:spade: , 3:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.45) 6:spade: , Q:spade: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.35, SB raises to $0.90, Hero...?

Hero does what exactly? my steal and cbet in position goes wrong when I get check raised, but I still have a flush draw with a pair and a backdoor straight and 3 4's and 2 3's to improve in the next street, and it looks like my opponent is willing to go broke, probably with a top pair. Is a call the right decision and play Check/Fold next street if I don't improve to at least 2 pair?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Default would likely be to call in position against an unknown since he can have Qx there and not everybody is check/raising flushdraws. Probably go broke on the turn with a 3 or 4, call down with a flush if he continues to fire (or raise and get it in if you think he felts Qx), bet yourself if he doesn't.

Against a reg it's dicey because his range there is mostly big flushdraws, sets, bluffs maybe since it's SBvsBU and people like to screw with you in those situations on dryish boards, but they're not check/raising something like TPTK usually. If he looks like he's very aggressive peeling one is fine, if he looks rather straight forward it's probably better to let go of the hand since you're up against sets/flushdraws+overs, so your hand is worthless really.

Hope it helps.