This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 50NL SH 66 donkbet Turn ._.

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Button ($78.05)
      SB ($45.50)

BB ($64.85)
      Gerv (UTG) ($58.95)
      MP ($10)
      CO ($11.15)

Preflop: Gerv is UTG with 6, 6
      Gerv bets $1.75, 3 folds, SB calls $1.50, 1 fold

Flop: ($4) A, 7, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Gerv bets $2.50, SB calls $2.50

Turn: ($9) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $4, Gerv folds

1* CBet against this guy? I was thinking about checking back but then decided to just go for it

2* I found this donkbet Turn ridiculously weak but I don't really know what the hell to do with it.. thoughts??
  • 2 replies
    • xnyk
      xnyk
      Bronze
      I would definitely cbet. There is an Ace! Would you cbet if you hold an ace? I guess so. So, represent that.
      And even CS can lay it down from time to time looking at the ace. And actually, he has 53% fold to cbet. This is IMO enough to cbet this flop.

On turn, I would be inclined to fold although I agree his donkbet seems weak. I think 66 is behind too often, but I may be wrong. Also I do not believe you can go to showdown cheaply:
      * calling turn, would you call river?
      * re-raising turn means to turn your hand into pure bluff. Only better hands will call, Not sure how many of his better hands will fold. Probably middle pair hands.

I think your line is correct.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      these players would play straight forward and when they bet turn, they have hand that likely would bet/call and c/c river
      SO I think folding turn is better option
      And I like c-bet flop, since you take it down enough times to make c-bet profitable