This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AQ nl10 sh

• Malv19
      Malv19
      Bronze
      hi

Villain is 19/16/5 250 hands. His 3-bet is 6%. What do you think about this line ? I checked turn because wanted to get value from lower pp and mayby AJ. I think that only K and T would be scary.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) ($17.06)
      SB ($18.66)
      BB ($11.46)
      UTG ($12.69)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, A
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.30, 1 fold, BB raises $0.85, Hero calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.95) J, 7, Q (2 players)
      BB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($4.95) 9 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.95) 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.90, BB calls $2.90

Total pot: $10.75
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

3bet% looks a bit high for a 19/15/5, tho that stat is kinda low to converge. He does seem aggressive so maybe he's 3betting light sometimes.

I think your line is fine against his range, unless you think you can induce a mistake by a hand like AK that might react badly to something like a minraise on the flop and shove what he thinks is 2overs+gutshot into you, which is well worth trying against some opponents. If he has JJ+ you're getting stacked anyway you flopped TPTK in a 3bet pot in those positions, so it's not like you can feel bad getting it in on the flop if he has those hands.

The T and K cards would indeed be bad, but as long as you can recognize that and play accordingly you'll do fine. It's only 8 cards out of the 46 left in the deck.

Hope it helps.