[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Aa

• Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($9.27)
      MP1 ($11.38)
      Hero (MP2) ($12.90)
      CO ($9.44)
      Button ($5)
      SB ($6.95)
      BB ($2.33)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A
      1 fold, MP1 bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, 3 folds, BB calls $0.55, MP1 calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.82) 2, J, 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0.65, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, MP1 raises to $10.78 (All-In), Hero calls $8.78

Turn: ($23.38) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($23.38) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $23.38 | Rake: $1.15

Was it such a huge mistake calling his push?
      Only hand I could put him on, based on his actions is JJ.
      Over 131 hands villain got these stats: VPIP/PFR/3Bet/AF/WTSD 16/7/3/2/15

Btw, is there a way to post hands grabbed with HEM with stats?
  • 3 replies
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      IMO you always have to be willing to go broke with AA and KK, specially on such a dry flop. He has just the right odds to call your 3bet for set value but, and with those stats I'm guessing he did have JJ or possibly AK for the backdoor straight? Still though he could be holding QQ or KK and hoping to see no overcards on the flop before pushing. I've seen that alot in NL5.

I would never fold AA in this flop. In NL 5 he could even be holding AJ.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by pablomeza
      IMO you always have to be willing to go broke with AA and KK, specially on such a dry flop. He has just the right odds to call your 3bet for set value but, and with those stats I'm guessing he did have JJ or possibly AK for the backdoor straight? Still though he could be holding QQ or KK and hoping to see no overcards on the flop before pushing. I've seen that alot in NL5.

I would never fold AA in this flop. In NL 5 he could even be holding AJ.
      Sounds about right.

He looks tight with his raising but very cally, he probably calls most of the stuff he open-raises to a reraise. We're not thrilled when he suckbet/shoves but i don't see how we can fold that at nl5, make a note on his line so you recognize it in the future and move on.

Hope it helps.
    • Skeat
      Skeat
      Bronze
      Thanks, he was holding 55 btw.