[NL20-NL50] Misplayed OESD

• xnyk
      xnyk
      Bronze
      Preflop: Hero is BU with 6, 8.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.5) 5, K, 7 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB raises to $3.07, BB folds, Hero calls $2.07.

Turn: ($7.64) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.63, Hero raises to $10.00, SB raises to $29.99, Hero calls $12.35.

River: ($59.98) Q (0 players)
      Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $47.63.

I would like to describe my thoughts through the hand. Could you please point out the biggest mistakes, please?

* on flop, cbet is standard. The reraise from villain does not say much. It can be flush draw, set, weak top pair or middle pair as a bluff. So I call with OESD and possible FD bluffing outs (if he act weak on a flush card, I can steel the pot).

* Turn blanks and Villain donks only 1/2 pot size bet. Now I think my biggest error came.
      I should have probably call only and see the river. If he check river, I could try to bluff it.
      Or should I fold the turn?
      Nevertheless I raised. When he shoves, I'm surely beaten, but is it that bad call? I believe I can have clear 8 outs to a winner.

Thanks for help.
  • 4 replies
    • AninIII
      AninIII
      Bronze
      Hi,

the raise on turn is a big mistake. I'd just call, because his line looks like a set because he is check/raising into 2 opponents on flop.
      You have to think BEFORE your turnraise what you'll do if villain shoves.
      So you have to call your last 12$ even if some of your outs might not be clean...

Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
      Anin
    • xnyk
      xnyk
      Bronze
      Thanks Anin,

I agree with you that this was the biggest mistake. I just did not plan that far enough which I usually try :-(
      Thanks for help. Let's see what judges think.
    • SillyWalks
      SillyWalks
      Bronze
      first of all, dont minraise preflop. with such a marginal hand you want the blinds to fold, not to call. raise to 3bb minimum.

on flop: i wouldnt consider a cbet as standard. youre running against 2 opponements on a FD board, a call from one of them is quite possible. at this point your hand has no showdown value, you need to hit your 6-8 outs. so i would check behind and evaluate again at turn. when you hit, youll get good value, cause its hard to set you on this hand, else its an easy fold.
      as played, the raise from SB against 2 shows strength, i would give him top pair, 2pair or set. i wouldnt give him a middle pair or a plain fd, he would rather call these hands. maybe a combo draw might be in his c/r range.
      you get ~18% for the turn card and got to call ~30% => fold

on turn: same equation as before => fold

and dont think about possible FD bluffing outs, this only gets you into trouble and is definitly -ev on NL25.

btw, my first hand review in english :f_biggrin:
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also prefer raising pf to 1$ or 0,75$
      I think b/c flop is ok, since you have enough implied odds if you hit your oesd.
      I would also call turn since you might get his whole stack if you hit your draw and likely he´d hold there two pair+