This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] QTs as BB vs SB

• xnyk
      xnyk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      CO:
      $50.85
      BU:
      $11.55
      SB:
      $57.61
      BB(Hero):
      $25.00
      MP3:
      $24.30

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, T.
      3 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.5) 3, 5, 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36.

Turn: ($1.22) K (2 players)
      SB bets $0.87, Hero raises to $2.13, SB calls $1.26.

River: ($5.48) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.70, SB raises to $6.65, Hero calls $3.95.

Final Pot: $18.78.

No read on Villain.
      * I was thinking about raising preflop as I would do quite often with this hand. But I don't think it is big mistake to see flop without initiative but in position. Correct?

* I floated on flop, because I don't know what I would represent with a raise. I still have my FD and two overs.

* I decided to bluff raise K as a scare card, which is probably not that good. But it build the pot somehow for a case I hit the flush and gives me some clue about Villain hand. Correct?

* River played itself. Value betting my flush, kinda surprised when reraised, but calling to see his flush maybe :-) I do not think I can 4bet, because only better hands will call.

What do you think?
      Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d raise pf, since QTs is strong enough hand against limp and you take pot often down pf or postlfop
      I´d raise flop, since you can hold there any two card what you can raise for value and against random hand you have enough equity
      Raising turn is ok.
      Likely bet/call river is ok, although he can c/r also with lower flushes that he´d call shove