[NL2-NL10] AKs NL50, almost triple stacked

• RockEye
      I usually don't call a reraise if i hold AK and i am double stacked or more, but AK were suited and i was smelling a fish and i was right the fish it was, but did i played it right

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, K.
      Hero raises to $2.00, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $11.00, 5 folds, Hero calls $9.00.

Flop: ($22.75) 6, A, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $16.55(All-In), MP2 calls $16.55.

Turn: ($55.85) A (0 players)
      MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($55.85) 6 (0 players)
      MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $39.3.
  • 4 replies
    • elhh82
      nice hand, nice pot too, hope you won it
    • tigerK
      I disagree, for me this hand is not well played at all.

Pre-flop your call OOP is horrible. You have just one right alternative: push or fold. I don't develop.
      Here it's a fish, and I would interpret his very big 3bet (betsizing read) like he has not KK+. Usually with those hands fishes don't make such big 3-bet. It's an easy push so.

As played, your call/push put you on AK. With QQ+ you would have push pf. You have two possible hands I can read you on: JJ that you're not able to fold pf, or AKo/s. You hit the flop and push: wow that's very bad mate.
      Here you should have check/push. He's going to make a c-bet almost 100% of the time here, your push will just make him fold some loosing hand he would have c-bet with.
    • RockEye
      Interesting thinking tigerK. I usually play that way, but with almost triple stack r i decided to play more carefully. And i don't have much expirience in BSS. Besides i play 18 tables and sometimes i can't develop any creative thinking in short time.

Thanks for a reply!
    • burek2000
      Hey RockEye,

against such a big preflop 3-bet you really have no other choice but push or fold and you specially don't want to be OOP. If you call you basically commit yourself to any pot there with less than potsize left on the flop.

So, with the reads villain is a fish I just shove AKs preflop also with triple stack.

As played, give villain a chance to c-bet thus bluff and go for a check/push instead of a donk bet.

P.S.: Nice pot. :f_thumbsup: