Very bad serie as a starter on cake poker.

• Chippolata
      Chippolata
      Bronze
      Hello

I have been playing the NL SSS strategy for the first time today at cake poker.

I made some mistake that i realized afterward...

at the beginning i was using fold to any bet on the BB as well which caused me to fold a nice made 777 set before i could do anything :-S

I also for a while forgot to do the bluff thingy when facing only one opponent after missing the flop.

Though, beside that i don't feel like I made huge mistakes, but that could be me who is blind...

I wanted to look at my stat under elephant unfortunately i could not load the cake poker format, i also tried PT3 without success...

Therefore i cannot post any real data.

I could post all the hands but I dont think anyone would like that :D

Anyway, to get back to the downswing i experienced...

I got very unlucky on a lot of hand i played hitting on AA with QQ JJ a lot of time as well as facing opponents lucky draws.

My problem is not that much the downswing in itself but rather the fact that even while i play on other servers I am facing this kind of things very often.

e.g: after like 15 AA on full tilt this hand is still showing a nice negative (I enabled save hand history on full tilt after a while therefore i only have like 7 in my database).

What i don't understand mainly is how come those guy who beat my AA all in with 4 6 rainbow pulling 2 pairs don't give me their money the 87% of the time they are supposed to :-S ?

Well anyway, anyone out there got a registered version of cake hand converter and would kindly do the conversion for me ? So at least i would be able to spot my mistakes, because as of now i start to think the poker site is controlled by aliens who plan to invade our planet...

I also have another question, does anyone have some real good poker player statistics so i can compare the one i have from full-tilt and maybe spot weaknesses hmmm ?

Btw I can't post cake poker stats for now because of that hand format problem thought i could post those i have from full tilt.

On full tilt i don't play SSS though, I play a BSS at micro-stakes: $5bi $0.02bb

I have no idea how i can copy past an analysis report or even attach a file :-S

Is this possible ?

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hi.

Im not SSS player, but i do play on Cake..

SSS is very swingy strategy, you need to play lot of hands correctly to show profit, also you probably gonna have lower winrate possible than with BSS.

About the hand history.... The hands from Cake can be imported by both, PT3 and HEM, but you need the newest beta versions on both.

Elephant will not make it.

Or you can use this freeware:
      http://sharpstats.ucoz.com/
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Chippolata
      I also for a while forgot to do the bluff thingy when facing only one opponent after missing the flop.
      Thanks
      It's called a C-bet (continuation bet) & cake is a bit gay with software that's why i switched sites :f_biggrin:
    • Chippolata
      Chippolata
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DecMate
      It's called a C-bet (continuation bet) & cake is a bit gay with software that's why i switched sites :f_biggrin:
      I ended up on cake poker as i already have opened poker account on a lot of site so far, i rather like full-tilt, pacific poker, titan, mansion or even pokerstar than cake but...

Is it possible in someway to switch to another website using an already existing account ?

It is a bit dumb that you cannot use an already existing poker account as in fact well if you start here you are most likely going to play on the site you register with poker strategy...

The result of this restriction is to keep me away from all the site i am already registered with.

And thx JuiceQuadre for the info, i am going to get the latest beta of PT and will take a look at that soft you linked :)
    • Chippolata
      Chippolata
      Bronze

What the hell is that huge jump in the expected value curve ??

I have it in PT3 and Sharpstats it is way to big to be just one hand.

Anyone got a clue ?
    • Chippolata
      Chippolata
      Bronze

$300 deposit...

bad beat, cooler, bad beat, cooler, bad beat, cooler... ... ...