closed

• 27 replies
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Maybe someone doesn't want me to play poker now. The update does not work properly and now I'm having some trouble getting my database recovered. I defenitely try everything to do so. If there's no other way I've to install a new virtual machine and HM and all that other stuff. That's gonna take a while...

EDIT:
      I managed to export my hands from my database but I still have to reinstall windows...
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      When I started playing this morning after starting my blog I was only able to play till 7am 'cause my internet provider cut my connection. I closed my telephone line a month ago and instead of shutting down only this line they entirely deleted my account in the system which will be fixed on approx. monday morning. So I'm now sitting by a friend to check some things including this blog. It seems it needs some time to keep some users interested. I'd really like to post a few hands to check some possible lines with you. I also thought about 3betting small in position and out of position. As soon as my internet connection works again I'm going to write down my thoughts and questions on this topic. So long...
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I decided to withdrawal my stars roll and deposit it on titan poker as they offer a nice bonus and I'm also able to earn strategy points. I'm especially interested in all the psychological articles. Does anyone know how many hands I need to play to clear that 600$ bonus on 50nl and (if somethings goes wrong) on 25nl as well.

One question do I have to you:
      • How big are your 3bets in and out of position given 100bb effective stacksize? With and without coldcaller?

I thought about that topic in the last couple of days but first I want you to tell me this.
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I was able to get everything going now. I'm currently playing some 20nl on pacific since I have to wait for my money to deposit it on titan. Although pacific looks pretty ugly the tables are great there. After my session I'm going to upload some graphs.
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I recently looked through the strategy session and realized that much time has passed since I focused on articles and hand posting but I'm sure this is necessary to improve the game. Because I'm just at bronze status right now I'm going to re-read all the articles I'm currently able to(i won't read the sss articles though), especially in the psychology section. To keep myself motivated I'll do a checklist in the first post.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hi mate!

I see you have kinda aggressive bankroll management. I prefer to follow a strickter one - 25 buy-ins of the higher level to move up (up to NL50) or 30 buy-ins on higher level (if I ever manage to climb up). But I guess yours can be good as well as long as you don't have trouble moving down.

About your question, I raise 3,5x times the original raise regardless of my position. If there is a caller I raise 4,5x, if there are two 5,5x and so on.

Good luck at the tables.
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Originally posted by radyan111
      Hi mate!

I see you have kinda aggressive bankroll management. I prefer to follow a strickter one - 25 buy-ins of the higher level to move up (up to NL50) or 30 buy-ins on higher level (if I ever manage to climb up). But I guess yours can be good as well as long as you don't have trouble moving down.

About your question, I raise 3,5x times the original raise regardless of my position. If there is a caller I raise 4,5x, if there are two 5,5x and so on.

Good luck at the tables.
      I'm currently overthinking so much including my bankrollmanagement. I think I'm also changing to a strickter BRM since 50nl gets more swingy. I'll add a step-by-step list in my first post where everyone can see my process.
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I hate playing poker with a bankroll divided to several accounts. I don't know exactly but I just can't stand it while grinding on the microlimits so I tried to cash out everything everywhere and put it on titan because there's a nice deposit bonus I want to clear and because I can earn strategypoints there.

Just a few minutes ago I recieved this email from pokerstars:

Hello xxx,

You have recently requested a Cash Out .

However, we are not able to process your withdrawl request at this time.

This is because you have not met our policy that requires you to
      accumulate at least 15% in VPPs since your last deposit/transfer received.

To make this requirement easier to understand, you can think of needing to
      accumulate 15 VPPs for every $100 you received in deposit/transfer.

If you would like to know more about VPPs and how to accumulate them, please visit the
      following links on our web site.

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/faq/

http://www.pokerstars.com/fpp/#earn

Please submit your transfer request again once you have accumulated the
      necessary number of VPPs and let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Ian
      PokerStars Security Team

I asked him how many VPPs I need to collect exactly, no answer yet. I'm asuming it's about 50 so there's not much of a problem.

I just hope that my cash out on pacific will work.

Something else I thought about is that I start a new database from this point now so that you all can see how I'm doing and perhaps help me imrpove my game.

The next thing I'm going to do is writing down short- and longterm goals. It's easier to stick to the plan and stay motivated when you've phrased goals to achieve. There's still some thinking be done as I'm not sure which goal I want to set myself.
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Pokerstar just answered to my question about the VPPs:

.., you will first need to accumulate 71 VPPs while playing on our tables before we will be able to do so.

To do so I'm going to play turbo 18-90man $1-$3 SNGs until I collected all neccesary VPPs. As I won't sleep tonight I'll accomplish my goal as fast as possible. This is my first short-term goal.
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Just played 42 games with a profit around 30 bucks. These $3 45/90man sngs are of course swingy but also pretty soft. I cleared around 70% from the VPPs needed so I'll play some more now.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by anstaendig
      Does anyone know how many hands I need to play to clear that 600$ bonus on 50nl and (if somethings goes wrong) on 25nl as well.
      Hi anstaendig;

you need to play about 100,000 hands on NL50 to clear whole bonus and aproximately twice as much on lower limit.

:spade: Good luck at the tables! :spade:
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I came to a conclusion some might dislike but for me it's the best thing I can do. All I want is to become a successful poker player. To reach this goal I have to change so many things in both my head and my game that I thought it'd be best if I start at the lowest limit again, let's call it level 1, and grind myself up again but with more look into my game. In the past I always made a new beginning I made some cash but there's always a point where I get stuck. Now I realize that this is only because I haven't reviewed and posted as many sessions and/or hands I told myself. With this beginning I will - even if it gets a bit annoying on level 1 - review every session and take time to actually lern somehing via articles, videos. When I read the articles in the past I just read them once to get them off my checklist but I realize that I do this for me to improve my game! I hope this won't be to boring as I'm playing 2nl on titanpoker tracked on this site. I'm going to play my first session now.
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I played my first 322 hands just right now... Tomorrow evening after work I'm going to do a review session as I marked any hand where I was unsure what to do best. Now I have to go to sleep. gn8
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Nice lay out! I think I'm gonna model a bit after you in my blog on the first page...

Good luck anstaeding! Go big!
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gabinr1
      Nice lay out! I think I'm gonna model a bit after you in my blog on the first page...

Good luck anstaeding! Go big!
      Thank you. It's good if I can help some ppl although it's just a layout thing. ^^

When I get home after work today I'll first do the session review of yesterdays hands, post some of 'em and then play another session. When there's enough time I'm also going to review that session afterwards.
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      I played my second session after I posted all hands I had questions about from yesterdays session. Ater the second session I did the same and now I'm going to update some of it here.

• Date: 16./17.11.2009
      • Limit: 2nl
      • Played hands: 674
      • Profit: $12.36
      • Rake: $2.28

Biggest Win

$0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 ($5.03)
      CO ($2.19)
      Hero ($4.69)
      SB ($4.02)
      BB ($4.14)

Pre-Flop: ($0.05, 6 players) Hero is BTN A:diamond: J:heart:
      [UTG posts $0.02]
      UTG checks, 1 fold, CO calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.11, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.09, CO folds

Flop: A:club: J:diamond: 6:heart: ($0.27, 2 players)
      UTG bets $0.13, Hero calls $0.13

Turn: 7:spade: ($0.53, 2 players)
      UTG bets $0.53, Hero raises to $1.54, UTG calls $1.01

River: 9:diamond: ($3.61, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $2.91, UTG calls $2.91

Final Pot: $9.43
      Hero shows
      A:diamond: J:heart:
      UTG shows
      A:heart: 8:heart:

Hero wins $8.81 (net +$4.12)

CO lost $0.02
      UTG lost $4.71

Biggest Lost

$0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      5 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($1.10)
      CO ($10.50)
      Hero ($4.30)
      SB ($4.91)
      BB ($1.48)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 5 players) Hero is BTN Q:diamond: 10:club:
      UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.09, 1 fold, BB calls $0.07, UTG folds

Flop: 8:heart: 5:club: 3:club: ($0.21, 2 players)
      BB bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.27, BB calls $0.25

Turn: 5:heart: ($0.75, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

River: K:diamond: ($2.75, 2 players)
      BB bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02

Final Pot: $2.79
      BB shows
      6:diamond: 5:diamond:
      Hero shows
      Q:diamond: 10:club:

BB wins $2.61 (net +$1.21)

UTG lost $0.02
      Hero lost $1.38

I thought some things in this hand I don't even know anymore... crap
      Overall I played solid poker besides this one hand.
      For my first deposit of $60 I recieved a $120 bonus. For every $35 rake paid I get $10 back. It's like 28% rakeback. I made a calculation that I have to play around 124.000 to clear this whole bonus on 2nl. That means for each $10 step I have to play aronud 10.000 hands on 2nl. As I hope that it's not gonna take too much time to move up one ore two levels I'm sure I'll get some of my dollars back. Of course there's a statistic in the first post where you can see how many hands I played, how much I won/lost since I started and how it's going with the bonus.
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I partied my aunt's birthdays. Pretty drunk so I decided not to play poker today.

!
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Well currently sitting at work when someone told me we've to work till 8pm today so I'm not sure if I can play poker this evening.
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I worked around ten hours today and just got home so I'm not sure if I'll play today. Let's see when I'm done with some stuff here. I'm sorry for that and I really wanna play but work comes first... (: