TURN ($9.25) 7:heart: A:spade: 3:spade: 6:spade:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($9.25) 7:heart: A:spade: 3:spade: 6:spade: 9:diamond:

BB bets $8, Hero folds
  • 8 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      is there a good reason to double barrel this? maybe to represent the flush?

but i'm worried that i am probably dead to a K if not completely dead

don't have enough stats on villain, but he is very loose pre flop and very aggressive post flop so far.
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      I would have delay my c-bet here. Check/behind flp. If he checks again turn, I bet. If he bets turn, regarding his betsizing i would call or fold (midpot: call/ 2/3pot: fold). River it will depends though
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      i don't like checking behind here. It's basically a surrender for any savvy opponent to just bet into you on the turn.

you can't call any turn bet pretty much if you check behind.
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      I do check behind here cause I can check behind as well with AA, AK on this spot.

It's my opinion that auto c-bet is a mistake.

But If you always c-bet with all your range, keep going. Just that here by c-betting you are transforming your hand into a bluff.

Here if vilain has an ace and you check behind flop, he will bet turn 100% of the time cause it's at the turn that he can take value from you (and he needs to protect from the flush). If he doesn't have the ace, he will more often check again than bet, cause the ace is pretty scary for an underpair. That's why call turn will depend of his betsizing, and fold against a regular 2/3pot bet turn, without defending your hand, is not a mistake. But that's just my opinion.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      personally, i never check behind an ace in position as a pre-flop raiser.

perfect card for us to represent. it hits such a large percent of my range. Checking behind is just 100% weak. If i was playing vs another confirmed SSS player who checks behind an ace, i will 80% put in a raise on the flop with any 2.
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      That's why I would take great value from you.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tigerK
      That's why I would take great value from you.
      +1 :f_cool:
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey elhh82,

against mostly unknown villain on nl50 I prefer to just c-bet this flop and give up then rather than cb flop and call turn and have difficult decision on the river if he barrels again, although that's generally better play on A-high boards.

I also don't like the idea of another barrel, because FD got there on the turn, Ax is still there and all you could get to fold is a random floating hand. And since you said the villain is very aggressive postflop you should be even more cautious, because he's playing so passive this time.

Regards,
      burek2000