[NL2-NL10] Nl600 Aj Ip

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      this should be read as a continuation of this JJ nl600 IP because the situations are the same exept in this case i called river.

in this situation i decided not to cbet. i dont remember my reads on villain tbh but very often when my late position steals get called i decide not to cbet beacuse people never respect it on these limits. probably cause i steal so much. i mean whats the point of bluffing if you know people will call or raise you too often for it to be profitable? and the 2 clubs on the board doesnt really scare me that much as i am holding Ac and will get a good redraw possibility if a club should come on turn.
      so i play it passively and even though he could be holding KX and could have hoped to c/r on flop i decide to call river because i believe he could also do this with a lot of other hands. imo its still a borderline call.

Created by SharpStats
      Hand#2049014521000355 - Halifax 14521 -- $3/$6 NL Hold'em -- 2009-11-14 - 08:21:07
      Seat 1: LolG***1 ($582,00 in chips)
      Seat 2: Gree***2 ($759,00 in chips)
      Seat 3: veni***3 ($244,30 in chips)
      Seat 4: Ace_***4 ($1093,00 in chips)
      Seat 5: hero($102,00 in chips) DEALER
      Seat 7: Illo***7 ($288,00 in chips)
      Seat 8: STIA***8 ($654,38 in chips)
      Seat 9: cand***9 ($621,90 in chips)
      Seat 10: four***10 ($376,81 in chips)
      Illo***7: posts small blind $3,00
      STIA***8: posts big blind $6,00
      Dealt to hero[Ac,Js]
      cand***9: folds
      four***10: folds
      LolG***1: folds
      Gree***2: folds
      veni***3: folds
      Ace_***4: folds
      hero: raises to $18,00
      Illo***7: folds
      STIA***8: calls $12,00
      *** FLOP *** [8c,7c,Kd]
      STIA***8: checks
      hero: checks
      *** TURN *** [Jc]
      STIA***8: bets $19,50
      hero: calls $19,50
      *** RIVER *** [5h]
      STIA***8: bets $66,00
      hero: calls $64,50 and is all in
      STIA***8: returns uncalled bet $1,50
      hero: shows [Ac Js]
      STIA***8: shows [8s Th]
      ***SHOW DOWN***
      hero: wins $204,00nl
  • 9 replies
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      Don't put the result it affects our analysis.
      Show stats.

Thanks.

[edit] this is totally different than the JJ nl600. Here it's blind war.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      well i play on cake so i dont have stats and i thought the result was relevant to the discussion in the other thread i was referring to.

thanks.

and i do think that there are obvious similarities between the two hands. lack of FE and of course the way the hands played out.
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      Ok I understand. That's nice to play without stats I guess in NL600 I should try this site. How are you doing there? Is there many tables?

After If you know he will not respect your c-bet the check behind is nice. But you will have to do so with winning hand as well, if you don't want to be outplayed everytime you check behind.
      For me it's a classic good call river, you have a lot of equity cause as you said, He can do it with a lot of hands, and those are very polarised.
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      do u want to show us that people are able to fire 2 barrels :f_confused:

some reads about how agressive he is, would be really nice.

anyway nh.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      @ tiger i do fine but there arent much traffic so im thinking about switching to ftp. i'd really like to leave nl200 behind but usually there is only like 1 nl600 table and one nl400 table on cake, so i guess its about time for a switch.

@ goldflair yeah sorry i didnt post any reads but unless i post the hand while playing i cant get the notes on the player. i guess i just wanted to show that i call on the river in that other thread might have been correct but since this is a new situation and a new opponent i guess it was a rather pointless post.
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      well, the problem with the JJ-river-call is that u give us 0 information about u're opponent. (fish/winningplayer, how agressive/passive he is and stuff like that)
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      yes i know. problem is that i cant access the notes afterwards and in both cases the players arent regs.
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      I didn't play midstakes on ftp but I would like to say that even on pokerstars, where there's quite a nice traffic (equivalent to ftp i would guess), if you're playing SPT FR you can't leave nl200, unless you're not multitabling that much.
      Usually I was playing 2 tables NL1000, 3 NL600, 4-6 NL400 and 6-8 NL200 with a 15-tabling. My point is that NL200 is the basic in midstakes, and after there's not a lot of traffic unless you switch to SH.

I also guess that in cake poker you can't decently multitable too much, cause you need to be much focus on table's actions.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      yeah i only play few tables so that looks perfect to me. and i since i dont play that many hands i think FTP is perfect cause it doesnt really matter there in regard to the rakeback % as suppose to stars where i need to put in a lot of volume.