my weekend dilemma.

• raun
      raun
      Bronze
      in weekends i only make around 25% of what i make in weekdays.
      $/100 in weekends: 4.95 - 23k hands
      $/100 in weekdays: 18,8 - 60k hands

and the game is quite different in the weekends as well so i dont think its just variation. i think it might be because so many new players show up at the tables each weekend and since i dont have notes on them i have to play pretty abc. or maybe the weekend game just doesnt suit my style.

does any of you have the same problem?

do you think it is just variation?

i am seriously considering stopping playing in the weekends because it just seems like a waste of time. if i can just add 20mins of play to my weakdays instead then that should cover it.
  • 8 replies
    • thebigheizung85
      thebigheizung85
      Silver
      i would say it is the different players that are online on weekends

i would guess that your style is pretty aggressive and depends on a lot of small bluffs when you openraised out of a good position
      on weekends i meet a lot more fish that are calling stations (probably fish that are only playing on weekends and they want to see some showdowns :-) )

so i try to mix up my style on weekends and just go to valuetown with my good hands. these guys like to call me down with anything they hit on the flop

i hope for you that it is the same 'problem' i had, otherwise you should really consider not playing the weekends - which would be a pain because they tend to be extremely fishy on most sites

adapt your game and get them!
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by thebigheizung85

so i try to mix up my style on weekends and just go to valuetown with my good hands. these guys like to call me down with anything they hit on the flop [quote]

Especially gutshot drews! :D
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      yeah i just checked and the past couple of month it has actually been unprofitable for me to play in weekends, so thats it. im gonna stop playing weekends.

yes i should really be able to adapt but its harder for me since i dont have stats and it takes some time to build up some reads.

i might start playing FTP in weekends and build a database there since i am considering a switch anyway. and with stats i know for sure i can beat the weekend fish.
    • ksh198
      ksh198
      Bronze
      wow nice to see a post I don't wanna flame here! Actually I used to think weekends is easier because of so many "one-tablers" and bad players and I still do. I've been winning every day this month cept for one sunday(which is a day I should be winning at for sure). I thought about it and now I think I should play more tight at weekends and when I play with a "one-tabler" (or maybe 2) I should just overbet like hell and this. It's usually good profit. would be nice if you said what stakes you playing and where aswell. I don't think you should stop play at weekends, it's always good to know how to play against unknown players aswell. Fighting bro!
    • Frakkk
      Frakkk
      Bronze
      It is funny because I was just looking at the same thing after a break even struggling session and a -3BI morning session. I usually loose on the weekends and if I don't, these days are always very high in variance. Today I lost about 4 flips, got sucked out on a couple big pots, but I think most of my profits leaked away with open raises, cbets, 2nd barrels because these people just cannot fold anything. I even see a bunch of SSS on SH tables pushing with A7o and 22+ :D

Thanks to this thread now I realized I'm not alone who is having the same problem. Now we really have to adjust to turn this situation around!
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      yeah i just managed to get sharpstats to show me "expected winnings" on weekdays and not only "winnings" and it turns out i have just been running extremely poor in the weekends.

i guess the weekend fish increases the variance a lot. cause my record for most winnings in one day was also in a weekend.
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      ksh198 am i supposed to be flattered that you dont flame me like you flame all the other members?

i really think you need to modify your language, but i am happy to see a post from you without flaming and i hope you will keep it up :)
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      i have similar experience of weekends. it doesnt feel logical to the laws of profitable poker and therefore annoys me :) surely this should be our most profitable time, when we are getting our money in more ev+ than anyother time.
      its things like this that makes me wonder about random number generators and biasing :)