NL5 hand on the river

• BusterSLO
      This was to be the last hand so I didnt fold pfr, I was quite aggro (28/18/3), villan was quite silly, only 3 bet pfr monsters

CO: $5.93
      BTN: $1.70
      SB: $2.25
      BB: $18.15
      Hero (UTG): $14.39
      MP: $2.95

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with T :spade: 9 :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.15, 4 folds, BB raises to $0.25, Hero calls $0.10

Decided to call his 3 bet since I knew it is something strong and if I hit I get his stack

Flop: ($0.52) 9 :heart: 2 :heart: T :heart:( 2 players)
      BB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, BB calls $0.60

Flop hits me hard, figured something like JJ+ Ahx some lucky flopped flush

Turn: ($2.32) 4 :club:( 2 players)
      BB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.80, BB raises to $4.10, Hero calls $2.30

3 bet here set some alarms but I'm not folding yet

River: ($10.52) 5 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $4.70

Another brick on the river, do we call this 2:1 here?
  • 3 replies
    • Swire
      The hands he's probably going to 3betting preflop are 77+ aj+ so on the flop the only hands he really can have is jj+ or a set. Imo i think it's ok calling the river as if he had a set wouldn't you think he would slow play or is he scared of the heart im not sure. But it's definately not wrong calling.
    • Dendra
      dunno, i dislike your 3bet on the flop, what would he bet into you, flopped set/flush/bluff representing flush and maybe som draw...

so you can check-call all the way down, check-fold if he bet too much. you want to keep the pot small, well it depends on the reads you have on your opponent - if you thought he had an overpair then why not call all the way? depends on what you put him on and your history with him :P
    • OnkelHotte
      Hey guys,

I am afraid there is a misunderstanding. This feedback forum should not be used for hand judgment or strategy discussions but your feedback to the educational services provides for you.

So feel free to use this forum to leave any kind of criticism or praise, any organisational questions or suggestions for improvements.

For strategy discussions and hand evaluations please use the dedicated forums.

No Limit Stratedy discussions & Hand evaluations

Fixed Limit Strategy Discussions & Hand Evaluations

SNG+MTT Strategy Discussions & Hand Evaluations