i know .. nobody cares..

• steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      it just calms me down a bit....

It's been since august since i'm on downswing... from about 600$ i am down at 100$ and now i'm playing 2$ SnG's. Whoever is on doubt I can show him all the tournaments that I busted out I was 93% fav on the river. It's so sick I can't even smile. I play correctly... especially the 2$ BI which are piece of cake and they suckout all the time and in all the key moments.

When I'm allin with a pocket pair they only have one overcard to my pair.. it's so sick. and they win. The good news is that i am still playing with the 2k i won in may :p.

I WANT OUT FROM THE DOWNSWING.
      I have never experienced an upswing
  • 5 replies
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      just the last 2 . . after i posted the thread

$25/$50 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2 = ($2780.00)
      MP1 = ($945.00)
      MP2 = ($5830.00)
      MP3 = ($1000.00)
      CO = ($3315.00)
      BU = ($5278.00)
      SB = ($6510.00)
      BB(Hero) = ($1877.00)
      UTG1 = ($3340.00)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 4.
      6 folds, BU raises to $350.00, SB folds, Hero raises to $1,877.00, BU calls $1,527.00.

Flop: ($3779) 8, 4, K (0 players)
      BU gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($3779) Q (0 players)

River: ($3779) T (0 players)

Final Pot: $2252.
      stelistuI shows three of a kind, Fours
      CHJACK743 shows a straight, Ace high
      CHJACK743 wins the pot (3,779) with a straight, Ace high
      beautifulreign: runner runner sick
      stelistuI stands up

$50/$100 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      CO = ($3565.00)
      BU = ($1252.00)
      SB(Hero) = ($2353.00)
      BB = ($1410.00)
      MP1 = ($1455.00)
      MP2 = ($2200.00)
      MP3 = ($1265.00)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      4 folds, BU raises to $1,252.00(All-In), Hero raises to $2,353.00, BB folds.

Flop: ($3705) K, 9, 6 (0 players)
      Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($3705) 5 (0 players)

River: ($3705) J (0 players)

Final Pot: $1352.
      Seat 3: ALEKSNORD (button) showed [Ad Qd] and won (2,604) with a flush, Ace high
      Seat 4: stelistuI (small blind) showed [As Kc] and lost with a pair of Kings
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Man.. I know this will sound to you like I dont have any understandings for your pain.. I do.. but on the other hand.. I ve got one thing to share with you which might cheer you up a bit..

Till this morning I used to be like you.. I cared about every suckout.. was upset when I had loosing session, because I was on so-called "downswing" ..
      But this morning.. I watched (just for fun) one video here and it completely changed my mind.. because..
      THERE IS NOTHING LIKE DOWNSWINGS...
      seriously.. check it out for yourself

NO EXCUSE

Wish you good luck at the tables!
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      It's not that nobody cares, it's just that everyone goes through such things as well. While I'm sure that might look demeaning to the OPer, at the same time I'm sure it doesn't mean much to the OPer when he reads about other ppl's downswings but that isn't the point here.

I understand that it sucks to go through such a dry spell. I've had several myself and in all honesty, something would have been wrong if I didn't. We have our ups and we have our downs. It depends how good/bad someone deals with downswings but all in all I don't really wish them on anyone.

Dealing with the good and the bad is the key to being successful at poker. At least when it comes to micro/low/medium limits (these are the ones I have experience in). When I say dealing with these times I mean being consistent and not get carried away when it seems like I can't lose a hand and not get depressed out of my mind when it seems I can't win a hand. Results are the most obvious thing on which we base our conclusions but far more important is the quality of our game and when/under what circumstances we put our chips in the middle.

Downswings could theoretically last a long long time. The best cure for them is to look for ways to improve your game and to do all u can to get ur chips into the pot while u are ahead. I wish u luck in recovering.
    • DarkNeo1
      DarkNeo1
      Bronze
      I feel your pain my friend.I'm down about $800 in the last 2 weeks, so many suckouts its unreal.My aces wont hold up against any hand allin preflop.Can't win any 80/20 and constant 1/2 outers on the river.
      I can't even watch when they are drawing dead cos I know a suckout is coming.

So im off to tilt on pacific haha. :s_evil:
    • vladd20
      vladd20
      Bronze
      maybe you are sucked out with very good hands.....that can happen but...are you sure you are playing loose enough on the late stages? because if you aren t loose enough i mean nash pushing range or icm... style....you can t win.....that s why you ve never experienced upswing....upswing comes when you start giving bad beats on you re own....and.....by playing correctly that is....but if you re not pushing loose as icm tell s you ...you simply can t win....YOU CAN T WIN BY FOLDING...i know what a bad beat is i ve taken multiple....i just got busted from 1100 $ live tournament with a bad beat....so there s really no excuse...maybe you are not built for poker...not everybody can t win....it isnt like that .... i'm still struggling to find out if i m a winning player or not ....and i have lifetime profit of 4000 $ on 6000 sng s ...so...i can't really believe when you are saying you are on downsing from august unless you played 1000 sng s or less....be sure you play correct by analysing your game with sng wiz... and use the minus ev push more