This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Aks, NL50

• taifoon
      taifoon
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $26,20
      Hero:
      $10,00

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , K:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $2,00, 2 folds, SB calls $1,75, BB folds.

Flop: ($4,50) 6:club: , 3:diamond: , 2:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $2,00, Hero raises to $8,00 (All-In), SB calls $6,00.

Turn: ($20,50) 7:spade:
      River: ($20,50) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20,50

Hello. Strategy said to fold i think. But hand before i had AQo, i rized, he called low cards flop and he donks... i fold. Now i have AKo, and again same, i rize, low cards flop, he donks. Should i shove or just again flod ?
  • 2 replies
    • tigerK
      tigerK
      Bronze
      That's a tough spot.

His betsizing doesn't make sense, if he had something here (pair on the flop, small pp) he should have protected more. A 1/2bet pot doesn't make sense at all. But here it's an obvious fish, so he doesn't understand that I assume. The fold might be the best solution (cause you could wait for a better spot), but I would push here and put a note on him (fold after donkbetting or donkbet/call low flop with). The call is useless if you don't put a note on him. You're paying for a read here more than for direct value.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey taifoon,

Originally posted by tigerK
      That's a tough spot.

His betsizing doesn't make sense, if he had something here (pair on the flop, small pp) he should have protected more. A 1/2bet pot doesn't make sense at all. But here it's an obvious fish, so he doesn't understand that I assume. The fold might be the best solution (cause you could wait for a better spot), but I would push here and put a note on him (fold after donkbetting or donkbet/call low flop with). The call is useless if you don't put a note on him. You're paying for a read here more than for direct value.
      ...well explained. :f_thumbsup:

So, considering you are paying more for the read than for value, I would prefer to fold, because in my opinion read on NL50 with huge pool of players isn't worth so much.

Regards,
      burek2000