What to do?

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

just a quick query for somebody more experienced than myself. I have been playing NL10 SSS recently and got my BR up to $90 from the initial $50 that I got from PS, (has been up to over $100 but thanks to lots of rubbish PF calls by fish with hands like 10, 4 dropped me down a bit last night).

To get away from some of the tilt I could feel building, I played a $2 + .20 $1000 gtd MTT. I finished 3rd for $80 :D

Now the query - as I have over the required $150 should I move up to NL20 or stay on NL 10 until I have a bit more experience on the cash tables?

I have approx 21k hands played between NL2, NL6 and NL10 - mostly NL 10 (probably 15k + hands).

I would appreciate any thoughts.
  • 3 replies
    • AlexanderD22
      AlexanderD22
      Bronze
      Don't know from experience but have seen many posts saying the play doesn't really change until NL100. My guess is if you understand the SSS articles and stict to them you should be fine.
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I understand the SSS articles and find sticking to them quite easy - particularly when playing 6+ tables so no problem there.

I will try the NL20 but hope to find smoe slightly better play if that means fewer suckouts lol

Cheers

Fagin
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      In general, I ignore my bankroll, and only move up a limit when I have a positive winrate and plenty of experience.

For example, I have a number of times had the BR to move to NL100, but I am still struggling to find a positive winrate on NL50, so i'll keep grinding until i'm sure I can beat the limit. Otherwise, you'll find yourself dropping down quite quickly when you start a new limit.