SB: $50.00
      BB: $53.15
      UTG: $40.19
      MP: $55.63
      CO: $20.45
      Hero (BTN): $79.81

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with K :spade: J :diamond:
      UTG calls $0.50, MP raises to $2.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $2.25, 3 folds

Flop: ($5.75) 3 :diamond: 9 :heart: 4 :spade: (2 players)
      MP bets $2.73, Hero raises to $10, MP calls $7.27

Turn: ($25.75) T :diamond: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $17, MP folds

I don't believe MP has hit anything on that flop, but there are so many scarecards out there he would barrel again that I prefer to raise it rather than float. I basically represent a set here on such a dry board - should I continue to tell my story on the turn and bet again?
  • 2 replies
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Platinum
      lol
      nh
      no rules in blufing,
      he might be traping u there with big hand (set or he have overpair AA,QQ,KK and he dont want to give it up in that spot) but u dont know that, so imo when u hit ur gutshot draw i'll 2 barel in that spot -> but the real problem is What if he shoves??? ur geting 4:1 pot odds to call, and if u hit ur gutshot u have huts there ?( ,so vs unknown with no reads is nasty, ur puting ur self in tough position risking 55$ to win 9$
      ... on the other hand, bluffs only have sense when they work (good for ur ego and wallet), but when u run into monster or into donk they are *$%#W@Q$%T$# moves
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You can raise 8$ on the flop and get the probably the same result
      Then you can bet smaller on the turn and probably make him fold 9x, sometimes medium pp-s if he decided to call and sometimes overpairs.
      So betting turn hand that improved your equity is fine.
      I wouldn´t just make these plays too often, since sooner or later you get shoved on the flop at some times if they hold 9x or better hands or when they call flop then c/rai on the turn