Stack
      Hero:
      $10.72
      BB:
      $2.00
      MP1:
      $5.73

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , 4:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.30) 4:club: , Q:diamond: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 bets $5.63 (All-In), 2 folds.

Final Pot: $5.93

What to do here? If he has a set then I don't want see another 4 because he will improve to fullhouse, but I still have 9 + 3 aces = 12 outs, from flop to river, so I can go allin?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since there is almost no dead money you need about 50% equity to stick your money in there assuming BB is going to fold all the time. Which means you need him to be able to jam AQ/KQ or worse flushdraws in there.

A few months back i'd have said it's a call against a halfstack at nl10, these days i see so many bad players just open jam without thinking when they have close to the nuts i'm not really sure how often you'll see a set. That being said i don't think it's a big mistake either way, if you've seen him do weird stuff or he just took a hit to his stack or anything like that you should likely call and take his money before he dumps it to somebody else. If he's been rather quiet before and just suddenly jams there maybe flipping with him is not worth the variance.

Hope it helps.