[NL20-NL50] NL10 KJ Fr

• ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      I believe that i made a mistake calling on the river. I saw him mini-raise a hand with pocket kings and i suspected that he had aces or kings on this hand (he mini-raised pre-flop), i had a bad feeling all along that he had aces or kings but it was hard for me to give up top pair on the flop, and on river when he went all in. I was extremely close to folding (1 more second and i have folded the hand, i took the full 30 seconds to think about the hand). Is it wise to call on flop/turn to try and hit 2 pairs or something? This was a really big pot for me and i couldn't sleep last night, :(

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $3.15
      BU:
      $1.67
      SB:
      $3.12
      BB:
      $20.82
      UTG2:
      $2.20
      MP1(Hero):
      $10.27
      MP2:
      $3.82
      MP3:
      $7.66

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, K.
      UTG2 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, 3 folds, BU calls $0.10, SB folds, BB raises to $0.20, UTG2 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.85) K, 3, 2 (4 players)
      BB bets $0.20, UTG2 folds, Hero calls $0.20, BU folds.

Turn: ($1.25) T (2 players)
      BB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

River: ($2.05) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $9.47, Hero calls $9.47(All-In).

Final Pot: $20.99.
  • 3 replies
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Diamond
      i prefer to raise preflop vs 1 limper IP to isolate there.
      on that flop I'm raising 100%
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi Ironmack.

I wouldn´t suggest making these big calldowns on small pot especially when you can´t sleep over that bad call.
      Just let it go and call him down when you hold two pair or better hand
      Pot is too small to fight over it

You can also raise pf to isolate bad player
      I think calldown is ok if you don´t want to loose too much value on your hand postflop, I´d just fold river.
      If players take that line, then they rather tend to be set/overpair or better than some missed draws.

If you keep playing then soon you can move up and loosing 9$ doesn´t upset you too much in the future, just try to avoid making too many big calldowns when you´re not sure that you have the best hand
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice, kaitz20. I seem to be able to win some money but then just have to be careful with hands like this. I'm playing super tight and seems like everytime i raise, everyone folds. Or if they call, then thats scary cause that means they got a big hand most likely. Usually when i raise on flop i can take the pot easily but if someone re-raises, then thats just scary, :p