This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AK - TPTK on nasty board

• BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $66.72
      BU:
      $49.25
      SB:
      $113.40
      BB(Hero):
      $51.50
      MP2:
      $48.25
      MP3:
      $66.75

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.75, 3 folds, Hero raises to $5.00, MP3 calls $3.25.

Flop: ($10.25) K, Q, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $8.00, Hero calls $8.00.

Turn: ($26.25) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($26.25) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $20.00, Hero calls $20.00.

Final Pot: $66.25.

Flop I decided to c/c because I really don`t see any worse ever calling there but maybe he`s gonna try to bluff me around. After turn goes c-c and i check again river I talked myself into calling even tho not much worse that can bet there except bluffs. Better line ?
  • 8 replies
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      free tip: in my eyes u got big leak my frend, u r way too pasiv with made hands OOP and ur giving up inciative hoping that people will bluf bet after u check and when they bet ur scared that they got u beat and they are not blufing u ?( with that play ur giving up inciative, giving up pots that u'll take it down, letting people control u and out draw u cheaply, and puting ur self in tough spot with no reason.

#1 this is good flop to Cbet
      #2 u strong hand
      #3 u can Cbet or u can check/raise there NEVER EVER check/call there (vs agresiv i prefer c/r vs pasiv Cbet vs unknown Cbet)
      #4 8$ bet on flop :s_biggrin: ->is free money no way he have Q there and beting that big on that flop, if he do have Q he will shove when u check/raise him, so c/r to 20$ and take that pot down
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Well I just don`t see the point in cbetting here. If he has 99-JJ he isn`t calling there so no money gained by cbet and if he has Qx / KK / AA I`m beat anyway. C/R I`m isolating myself vs a better range because only better hands will continue and anyway except something like AJ he only has 2 outs if he`s behind. The mistake I think I made here was not b/f river for about 1/2 pot.
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      Well I just don`t see the point in cbetting here. If he has 99-JJ he isn`t calling there so no money gained by cbet and if he has Qx / KK / AA I`m beat anyway. C/R I`m isolating myself vs a better range because only better hands will continue and anyway except something like AJ he only has 2 outs if he`s behind. The mistake I think I made here was not b/f river for about 1/2 pot.
      yea, i agree 99-jj will very rarely call u there, nether will 55-88 call u there JT might fold 2 and u'll get isolate vs Qx or Kx

ur geting the picture piece by piece
      now couple more piece

he wont just call u preflop with AA-KK IP 90%++ time (so forget about them) ur facing AK, KQ, QQ, AQ, KJs,QJs, JTs or PP

99-jj will 60%+ of time check behind,
      55-88 will check behind 80% of time,
      JT...... u got to gues this 1

U R BETING FOR VALUE AND A LITTLE PROTECTION FROM POCKETS and JT

couse u have big hand and u got to make a value bet

the point is that this is good flop for Cbeting u might bet with weak hand u might bet with monster there so if u have 99 there and u 3 bet pre and guy calls u with JJ and flops came KQQ and u bet into him what do u think would he call with JJ???
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Well I`m not gonna cbet 100% there 99 either especially in 3bet pot as I don`t cbet 100% nuts or hands like this. I will from time to time c/c or c/r deppending on how the table was playing and my feel about the hand.

And why do you think he is only calling like 10% AA/KK IP there. I see a lot of opponents trapping with AA/KK IP. Basically only hand I get value from is KJs here and there are only 8 combinations left out there and out of those he might bet if I check to him from time to time so I`m only sometimes losing some value.

However I`m gaining some from those 40% he isnt checking back 99-JJ and those 20% he isnt checking back 55-88.
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      Flop I decided to c/c because I really don`t see any worse ever calling there but maybe he`s gonna try to bluff me around. After turn goes c-c and i check again river I talked myself into calling even tho not much worse that can bet there except bluffs. Better line ?
      english is not my native lang. but I think that u r saying that u were thinking to fold on river??? or u were thinking to raise???
      imo when u check for bluf induce and u people bet u got to call, or u dont???

now be honest what hapens???

u pay him off his AQ, KQ, KK, QQ or he suck u out with 99, JT???
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I said I think it was a mistake was not b/f river. After that I was not sure what to do because he is so rarely bluffing there that I`m not sure if I get the odds to call.
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      u r funny guy
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I prefer a lot c/c hands that isn´t that strong in 3-bet pots, like JJ-88 on that board. Then I don´t mind turning them into bluff catchers, since it is hard to get value with these hands
      Here I think you should go with your hand, you might get sometimes raise with draw or if villain happens to hold KJ/KT, he isn´t really going to fold your fliop and turn bets and sometimes also call river.
      So although most of the times you take pot down on the flop or turn I think better line is to bet/shove flop or if you reach on the turn then b/c or maybe c/rai.
      It sucks if he happens to have Q, but consider how aggressive today's games are, you shouldn´t fold that strong hand on paired board.