SSS Downswing

• jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Hi everyone.

Just have a few questions. I'm in a downswing and I don't know what to do. Since SSS is all about getting it all in with the best of it, what can you do about downswings? I only make money from all ins. The blinds cost me, I'm forced to fold a lot on the flop, now I can't even win as a favorite in a preflop push. Is this normal or is this just leaks in my game. Looking at my stats and reviewing my hands, these last few days I feel like I've been playing better than ever before. I've been more disciplined and made some really good laydowns. I've been very successful stealing blinds and small pots on the flop. It's just allins, I've been getting cold decked alot. When I am the favorite my win % is below half, my overall W$SD is 42%. Can I fix this? How? I'm running almost $170 below EV.

Thanks

[img][IMG]https://img691.imageshack.us/img691/8786/67477289.th.jpg[/IMG][/img]
  • 3 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      try playing fewer tables. pay more attention to your opponents and thinking more deeply about the moves.

that worked for me :)
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      i just went through a short phase(2 weeks) like this where my ev was really bad. i still managed to make profit but at a slower rate than normal.
      during these times where i am being outdrawn i tend to tighten up,when i feel this happening and not after ive lost too much. I play less agressive preflop and only about 50% of the hands i usually play, this takes a lot of patience and discipline. I never put money into the pot unless im pretty sure im ahead. this gives me an even more solid ev than usual so i end up winning more of the pots im all in for while still getting sucked out alot also. the end result is, i usually break even or win 1-2 buyins per session. im also more likely to win those big 3 way pots with my tighter play. i recognise these periods when i look at my graph, my non showdown winnings increase and my showdown winnings go down a lot.
      it is normal enough to go 3-4 buyins down pretty fast in sessions like this but the key thing is to keep faith and remain solid and it will turn around eventually and u will go positive again. i tell myself well its a challenge now and im gona beat it, just gota be patient and keep playing until i make the green again :) .
      these periods dont last forever and its equally important to losen up when u feel you are running ok again. poker is a dynamic game and its as important to adjust to varience as it is everything else.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      try playing fewer tables. pay more attention to your opponents and thinking more deeply about the moves.

that worked for me :)
      I tried this and it has sort of slowed the bleeding. I still haven't had a winning session but my losing rate has slowed a little. I've been trying to study my play more and try some things. Everything I try just causes me to lose at varying rates. What would be the best way to wait this out. I'm still enjoying poker so I want to keep playing, but my bankroll is disapearing very quickly. I'm at $150 playing NL25. Should I drop to NL10?I'm starting to forget what winning feels like. The most rewarding feeling I get now is from making a big laydown. Would it make sense to switch limits or formats? I've been thinking of playing NL10 or NL5, maybe even NL2. I've considered switching to BSS or even SNG. What would preserve my bankroll the best? What about withdrawing and depositing at a different site?

Thanks