Full Tilt, stuck for 3 weeks SSS NL25

• Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      Hey guys..I've got alot of things on my mind, cant really decide what should be the next move anymore..I started 2 and half months ago on full tilt with the 50$ capital, played nl10 until 400$ and some tournaments but nothing serious won. My big problem is, 4 weeks ago, I changed to nl25 and its just incredible whats happening to me..first days it was going ok, i mean my AK > AQ my AA > KK and so on..but after that I went up to 550$ and just lost lost lost and lost..down until 450$ and back to 500, 550, 500 450 500 and so on, just cant possibly win actual money, only grinding like an idiot daily with max tables opened (16) SSS, I analyze every single hand I played and I do know that usually in every session I lose shity maximum 3 hands, but the losing isnt coming from that. Losing comes from my AK,AA,KK,QQ,JJ. I even managed to fold preflop hands like TT,JJ,QQ but not the AK, therefor AK is my number one hated hand..I know the math behind AK and I know that it must have been some serious unluck, but really...when ur AK gets called by AA and ur KK gets beaten by AA like 3 times in one hour its just getting sick..im reading what im writing now, and ye...pathetic..im whining, and i hate it, i just only believe that sometime i will get back to normal...meaning my AK beats the goddamn A2+ and my AA wont lose to any other 50-60% of the time.. i would rather like to see some replies here by full tilt nl10/25/50 sss players..just curious does anyone stuck ever for about 15k-20k hands on the same money, with good play (90% min.) and having bad beats over and over again..im thinking to lower the tables played at once.. maybe it could help, but still im back to the old topic then..what to do vs the suckouts..none can be done, at least i have no idea what to do..curently i have 500$ and i should go up to the other limit, but somehow i dont feel like im ready to lose 10$ in a hand with preflop allin AK...everytime i see my hand is AK my stomach hurts. was thinking to try sngs but the entry rake i believe its too much, at least it seems to me. once more if anyone else is stuck like me or got out of a situation like this reply here..thanks for reading, its mostly stupid whining, but when u play 2hours and build up 30$ hardly by stealing blinds and exploiting the fishes, ex: im raising absolutely with nothing on flop/turn when i know the player and i know they fold and then suddenly aa kk ak ak on 4tables flashing at once...raise 4bb..get reraised..call allin and lose..and then..my 2hours just ashes...
  • 21 replies
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      Ive had a similar problem. Over about 20k or 30k hands on NL100 SSS I was breaking even playing 16 tables at once. I moved down to 8 tables and the profit slowly started coming in. Imo the fact is... playing poker like a robot does not cut it. You have to figure out who at your table is a complete idiot... and never fold like AQ or TT to them. Then you have to find the supernits, and fold AK and JJ to their reraise. You cannot do this over 16 tables (and assuming you are a 60% favorite over their range, you lose 4bb every time you fail to make these decisions)

I am now playing only 6-8 tables. I can even watch anime or something at the same time and I feel like I have been making better decisions. If you want to play 16 tables, I would probably recommend a second monitor. Giant cascades of overlapping tables do not really cut it.

Then again, full tilt has given out the so-called "holiday bonus". Bonuses on full tilt add approximately 2bb/100 to your win rate. You will be able to 16 table this bonus profitably. Still, try fewer tables.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Focus also on table selection.

Look for tables with tons of fish, and avoid the regulars.
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      thanks for ur replies..some problems here.. its not the regulars who beats me, they are so easy to read, they have max buyin, i know every single hand depending on their position, i fold jj qq to them coz i know they hold the aces, problem is with folding AK..that one i cant, and therefor i lose, today lost 3 ak, in no more then 1k hands? also 2x aa again vs tt (drill on flop) and jj same drill...i played about half hour now, analyzed the hands..and i would do the same thing again, im trying to select the tables with no more then 2 sss but sometimes there are just shity tables..and again, even if i know who's the fish maniac, they just always have luck with their 2-3outs..i moved up 3BI fast in the beginning with having flop drills and such then lost 3bi with ak, 2bi with aa, 2 with jj, one bi with a 15outs monster, the guy had 1 out and it came was insane hand...are u guys playing on full tilt?
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      can u imagine this hand happening ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $25.00
      BB:
      $7.46
      UTG1:
      $12.85
      UTG2(Hero):
      $5.85
      MP1:
      $6.40
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $7.23
      BU:
      $25.98

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q, Q.
      UTG1 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.50, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $2.75, 6 folds, Hero raises to $5.85, MP2 calls $2.25(All-In).

Flop: ($11.45) 7, 9, 5 (0 players)
      MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($11.45) K (0 players)

River: ($11.45) 3 (0 players)

Final Pot: $9.2.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).
      MP2 shows two pairs, sevens and fives(7 5).

MP2 wins with two pairs, sevens and fives(7 5).

this one is sick aswell

Play hand

Known players:
      BB:
      $34.54
      UTG1:
      $16.94
      UTG2(Hero):
      $4.25
      MP1:
      $4.47
      MP2:
      $31.15
      MP3:
      $11.44
      CO:
      $26.84
      BU:
      $30.35
      SB:
      $13.39

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 9, A.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.75, 4 folds.

Flop: ($1.85) 7, 6, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.85, MP3 raises to $3.70, Hero calls $1.65(All-In).

Turn: ($9.05) A (0 players)
      Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($9.05) 6 (0 players)

Final Pot: $7.4.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and sixs(9 A).
      MP3 shows three of a kind, sixs(5 6).

MP3 wins with three of a kind, sixs(5 6).

standard hand

Play hand

Known players:
      SB(Hero):
      $5.67
      BB:
      $24.50
      UTG1:
      $19.22
      UTG2:
      $30.85
      MP1:
      $3.90
      MP2:
      $26.85
      MP3:
      $17.64
      CO:
      $22.71
      BU:
      $9.60

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $1.00, 5 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.75) T, 8, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.92, UTG2 calls $3.92.

Turn: ($11.59) 5 (0 players)
      UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($11.59) 7 (0 players)
      UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.67.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(A A).
      UTG2 shows three of a kind, tens(T T).

UTG2 wins with three of a kind, tens(T T).

nice aswell

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      CO(Hero):
      $4.82
      BU:
      $8.80
      SB:
      $26.15
      BB:
      $16.11
      MP1:
      $26.72
      MP2:
      $27.04
      MP3:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BU calls $1.00, SB folds, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.1) 5, J, K (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.82, BU folds, BB calls $3.82.

Turn: ($10.74) T (0 players)
      BB gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($10.74) 7 (0 players)
      BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.92.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(K A).
      BB shows a straight, ace high(Q A).

BB wins with a straight, ace high(Q A).
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      those hands are pretty standard m8, all in a day's work. It's poker!

Play fewer tables, pick the tables very carefully. Don't just focus on playing on tables with few SSS, but focus on sitting on tables with the big donators. If you have stats and some kind of table scanner, that would be quite easy.

And of course watch yourself so that you don't go on tilt.

I know exactly what you are feeling, i made the adjustments that i mentioned earlier. And now i'm finally moving out of break-even mode again.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      I'm playing Full Tilt NL25 SSS as well. I would gladly trade with you. Breaking even would be great. I can't even remember what it feels like to win anymore. I've lost over 60% of my bankroll. I've had 9 losing sessions in a row. My EV is so low right now cause most of the time I have a big hand like KK I'm facing AA. What's even worse is when I'm not getting cold decked I'm getting bad beats. My EV line is only like +$40 but I'm running around $220 below EV. I'm hoping this turns around soon otherwise I'm going back to NL10. My win % with AA over the last 7k hands is 42%, KK AK QQ JJ are even worse. Honestly, my sessions are only lasting around 20 min because I reach my stop loss so quickly now.

Good Luck
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      I see, sadly i dont use stats just analyzing my hands after the session in elephant. any good program u use for table selection or stats? or if u could send me a good elephant hud ? im thinking to move nl50 but since i cant do any profit on nl25 dunno how would the nl50 go..i see loads of fishes there, more then at nl25.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      those hands are pretty standard m8, all in a day's work. It's poker!
      Except for the fact that two of them were misplayed.
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      what exactly was missplayed? with the AA if I go allin preflop, he would call the same way so no difference there, AK i had to go allin, A9 I did the cbet on flop and there was no way of folding with overcard and OESD. so enlighten me please
    • boyadzhiev
      boyadzhiev
      Bronze
      Hi mate,
      I know exactly how you feel. I've been stuck for 1 month on nl10 without making any progress and I face the same problems as you do. I've been beaten with AA/KK/AK so many times. I was hoping that when I somehow get to nl25 everything is going to change, I don't know why but I just believed it. But now i see that the picture there is the same. And I'm starting to hate FTP. I feel like its rigged, yes I said it, so that we don't make any profit and just be stuck there for eternity, paying the rake. I guess its not true but it feels this way. And I'm pissed. Thats all I wanted to say. Thanks.
    • LavaTwilight
      LavaTwilight
      Bronze
      dont get obsessed with results, look at how you actually played the hands... AA you let him hit his set before committing your stack... read the SSS articles again... thats a clear shove spot pre
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      Lava, that guy was going preflop allin before with 44, there was no way of stopping that guy to fold his 10 10, and most of the time if I shove AA like that, then its absolutely no profit..i dont need to read the sss articles again because i know my opponent and play the best vs him there..when u face somebody like that, u should know he never folds a pair, or A10+ KJ+, these guys sadly are maniacs and they hit always against me...and that sux
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      lost about 7 buyin again..very nice, some hands in here

Play hand

Known players:
      SB:
      $8.00
      BB:
      $25.48
      UTG1:
      $32.80
      UTG2:
      $41.08
      MP1:
      $27.25
      MP2:
      $5.10
      MP3:
      $6.29
      CO:
      $3.70
      BU(Hero):
      $4.90

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 2 folds, MP1 calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.85) J, 2, 5 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $4.00, Hero calls $3.65.

Turn: ($10.5) T (0 players)

River: ($10.5) 9 (0 players)

Final Pot: $6.85.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).
      MP1 shows a straight, queen high(8 Q).

MP1 wins with a straight, queen high(8 Q).
    • poger8
      poger8
      Bronze
      Some people has no bread, and some complains caviar is oversalted. Did you ever lose 60% of your bankroll in 5 hours of play?
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
      Player 1: 98.182 % 98.182 % 0.000 % 1.818 % QsQd
      Player 2: 1.818 % 1.818 % 0.000 % 98.182 % Qc8c

this was the chance of winning in the other hand 98.1% guess its not enough..

i didnt lose 60% ever because im playing on lower limit then i should..played nl10 till 350$+ and at 500 im still not going to nl50 just because i cant imagine how much i would lose there with my best hands..ak kk qq jj and so on...

some people has no bread...list me into one of those..im not the rich UKish guy who whines about life with 2k pounds/month and being depressed..im not..im living from 900eu for half year..so, u got the wrong guy in here
    • poger8
      poger8
      Bronze
      I didn't mean to offend anybody. Of course you feel it harder, especially if having some winning expectations. Still at least you're staying at the same level, not going steeply down and having an increasing feeling everything plays against you.

Good advice (that I also try to follow) - try to have fun and laugh off temporary (I hope) problems. As a last resort remember a story of a guy (I saw on youtube) who paid $10K for WSOP, in very first hand got TT, Flop AAT, and on this first hand lost all $10000 because other guy just had AT :f_eek:
    • Lizocain
      Lizocain
      Bronze
      thats a nightmare for sure, but thats the reason i just cant go up a limit, too afraid of those hands.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lizocain
      what exactly was missplayed?
      Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 9, A.
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.75, 4 folds.

:f_confused:
    • p0kerdragon1
      p0kerdragon1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lizocain
      thanks for ur replies..some problems here.. its not the regulars who beats me, they are so easy to read, they have max buyin, i know every single hand depending on their position, i fold jj qq to them coz i know they hold the aces, problem is with folding AK..that one i cant, and therefor i lose, today lost 3 ak, in no more then 1k hands? also 2x aa again vs tt (drill on flop) and jj same drill...i played about half hour now, analyzed the hands..and i would do the same thing again, im trying to select the tables with no more then 2 sss but sometimes there are just shity tables..and again, even if i know who's the fish maniac, they just always have luck with their 2-3outs..i moved up 3BI fast in the beginning with having flop drills and such then lost 3bi with ak, 2bi with aa, 2 with jj, one bi with a 15outs monster, the guy had 1 out and it came was insane hand...are u guys playing on full tilt?
      Hi Lizocain,

I play NL100 SSS at FT. Just started with the PS starting capital

Some advices,

1. Read again the SSS basic articles and starting hands table, you will always use them

2. Accept your errors. A9o UTG 3BBs raise is not a good play. And against loose-aggressive players and calling stations is worst. We are all here to help each other and no one wants to criticize in a bad way other players

3. Make a better read of your opponents. "its not the regulars who beats me, they are so easy to read, they have max buyin"
      This is not true, Max buy-ins don't mean anything

4. Play fewer tables. This helps a lot to make better decisions

5. Choose the tables you play. Remember that 2 short stacks more than you is the limit to enter and stay in the table. Consider Players 20-30 BBs as SS

6. Do not keep an eye all the time on your BR. You can't always win. "It's All One Big Session"

7. The most important: Remain calm when you play and try not to play more than 2hrs continuously, take some little breaks in your sessions

Good luck! ... if it exists :tongue: