Heroes of Newerth

• 14 replies
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      They've stopped giving out all keys for the beta.. If you wanted one you had to become a fan of HoN on facebook and they'd send you a link to get one. I've got it (its AAAWESOME!! :P ) but I think the only way to get in to the beta now is to pre-order the game (probably worth it anyway, its gonna be fantastic)
    • eszibit
      eszibit
      Bronze
      * Invites: 1/4 used.

Email Address

just give me you're email :)
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      PLAY DOTA FFS
    • METALzx
      METALzx
      Bronze
      I got a key already and played some games... I must tell DOTA is still the best in the class.
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      DoTA sucks. So does HoN.

Poker FTW.
    • eszibit
      eszibit
      Bronze
      well i played dota for about 4 years ,then i played some Hon but they have few heroes..anyway i'm still waiting for the greatest game to appear SC2 FTW
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      I played HoN, not so much anymore since the stats reset last time. My massive record gone :(

I go on from time to time. My name is Pitiful on there, add me we'll play sometime.
    • DuckingFrunk
      DuckingFrunk
      Basic
      HoN is shit dota is 10x better
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      LoL > HoN

I'll explain...

HoN is a straight up clone with all item/skill names changed and a slightly prettier engine and some better features (reconnecting after disconnecting), some worse features (11 sub shops in the main shop menu which have names like "initiation, supportive, supplies"). In other words apart from disconnect protection I don't know why you'd play the game.

LoL has completely different heroes and abilities from dota, even some heroes without mana (just cooldowns) and many of them are crazy unique and really fun to play with. The shop system is about 4000x better than in HoN.

Example of shop system:

Let's say I want to buy some boots to boost my movement speed.

HoN:

1. Open shop menu

2. 11 different categories, from the names I could only guess that it's either initiation, supportive or less likely, supplies.

LoL:

1. Open shop menu.

2. 5 categories, Attack, Movement, Defense, Magic, Consumables.

3. Uninstall HoN

Note each category has several subcategories in LoL, for example you click on Offense and it will bring up : Lifesteal, Attack Speed, Damage etc. so you can find exactly what item you want quickly and intuitively.

If I'm a dota player and I want something equivalent to sange/yasha I'd have to go through about 4 subshops looking at every individual item before I could find one that matches my criteria.

Also the "what recipes your current items can build into" by clicking on them is awesome.

Why are you still reading this? There's LoL to be played.
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      I tried HoN but still prefer DotA
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      I've never bothered playing LoL, nor do I know anyone who does. So I have no comment on the game play. However, making points about the shop system is stupid. Anyone who plays the game enough will memorize everything. You're making it sound like the multiple shops ruined a part of the game. Dota also uses the same system, its just less convenient. HoN optimized that.

Me and all my friends played Dota, but switched to HoN for various artificial reasons. Heck we may have switched to LoL, if we got beta keys for it quicker.

The disconnection protection is nice. Now once someone drops, it isn't GG. You have a window for them to reconnect. It's very helpful.

Being able to change the resolution to a higher one is a god send. On a related note though. I don't like how HoN adapted the same traits that Wc3's archaic engine used. 4 abilities, 6 item slots, etc. It was completely unneeded.

Not to mention its like a 2nd grade clone of dota. However dota is plagued with leavers, and getting a game sometimes took upwards of 30 minutes. At least HoN eliminates that problem.

I can completely agree though, that HoN = Shit.

Then again I find almost any game that requires in depth strategy like that with multiple people is bad. Too many games have I played where my team has lost because of one bad player.

All of this is based off "pub" play. I have never played league nor am I interested in it.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by TerrorBlade
      LoL > HoN

I'll explain...

HoN is a straight up clone with all item/skill names changed and a slightly prettier engine and some better features (reconnecting after disconnecting), some worse features (11 sub shops in the main shop menu which have names like "initiation, supportive, supplies"). In other words apart from disconnect protection I don't know why you'd play the game.

LoL has completely different heroes and abilities from dota, even some heroes without mana (just cooldowns) and many of them are crazy unique and really fun to play with. The shop system is about 4000x better than in HoN.

Example of shop system:

Let's say I want to buy some boots to boost my movement speed.

HoN:

1. Open shop menu

2. 11 different categories, from the names I could only guess that it's either initiation, supportive or less likely, supplies.

LoL:

1. Open shop menu.

2. 5 categories, Attack, Movement, Defense, Magic, Consumables.

3. Uninstall HoN

Note each category has several subcategories in LoL, for example you click on Offense and it will bring up : Lifesteal, Attack Speed, Damage etc. so you can find exactly what item you want quickly and intuitively.

If I'm a dota player and I want something equivalent to sange/yasha I'd have to go through about 4 subshops looking at every individual item before I could find one that matches my criteria.

Also the "what recipes your current items can build into" by clicking on them is awesome.

Why are you still reading this? There's LoL to be played.
      LoL is lol
    • SipKa
      SipKa
      Bronze
      edited by thazar
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi SipKa

I have removed a few of your post as you are creating multiple posts all promoting an a game site through your affiliate link

I would therefore ask you to stop doing so. I have also added you in the community tools if you want to discuss this further

I trust you understand

Best regards

Thazar