[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Fr Aj

• JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Cake Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Cake-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($35.10)
      CO ($9)
      Button ($50)
      Hero (SB) ($50.25)
      BB ($51.45)
      UTG ($6.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A
      1 fold, MP calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero bets $2.50, 1 fold, MP calls $2

Flop: ($5.50) K, 5, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, MP calls $3.50

Turn: ($12.50) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $6.25, Hero calls $6.25

River: ($25) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Total pot: $25

I was thinking about bet/folding, check/folding or check/calling.

Since he bets quite small it seems like he just want to buy the pot. He could be calling the flop with worse id say.

Is it okay to call?
      Check/fold river?
  • 6 replies
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      i wont raise this hand preflop, just call
      on that flop i donk flop/cbet turn, or even better check/raise flop
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      interesting.. But what do you accomplish with c/r there? He is only continuing with better hands then id say? So it would be c/r for information and protection? But you can do that with any two then? If he calls u are playing big pot OOP with midpair..
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      c/r for information and protection
      But you can do that with any two then? If he calls u are playing big pot OOP with midpair..
      ur play is standard play
      this was alternative play couse u can floped big and win big pot, with raise PF ur isolating ur self OOP and is hard to call limp/4bet with ur hand
      it will be hard to call c/r if he dont have big draw, good king, 2 pairs, set there

as played ur line looks fine but he can easy push u out of ur hand with 15$ river bet
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheRebuz
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      c/r for information and protection
      But you can do that with any two then? If he calls u are playing big pot OOP with midpair..
      ur play is standard play
      this was alternative play couse u can floped big and win big pot, with raise PF ur isolating ur self OOP and is hard to call limp/4bet with ur hand
      it will be hard to call c/r if he dont have big draw, good king, 2 pairs, set there

as played ur line looks fine but he can easy push u out of ur hand with 15$ river bet
      You are right.. Well i can see him calling after he limped like most of the time, and i shall be ahead of his range by far.. If he limp/3bets its an easy fold i guess..

"it will be hard to call c/r if he dont have big draw, good king, 2 pairs, set there"
      Yea but then you are just bluffing and it doesnt matter what you hold, right?
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      its not bluf u c/r for value from worse hands and for protection vs draws
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I like how you played it
      I would also c/c turn expecting he´d bet turn with his draws and floats.
      You can c/r turn, but then you´re turning your hand into bluff since he won´t really b/c turn too many times with worse hands
      on that river I would sometimes c/c again if I think villain is aggressive, since he has to have Kx to valuebet there or if he is valuebetting with Jx then you´re ahead. And since all the draws missed you´re likely still ahead.