BB ($481)
      UTG ($134)
      UTG+1 ($110)
      Hero ($58)
      MP1 ($90.20)
      CO ($135)
      BTN ($259)

Dealt to Hero A:club: Q:spade:

UTG raises to $4, fold, Hero raises to $12, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $10, fold

FLOP ($29) K:diamond: 3:heart: J:diamond:

BB checks, Hero?

I can't make up my mind whether it's bets to cbet here or not. A cbet will pretty much commit us since the pot is rather big, and I'm not sure he's going to fold much on this board, PPs for sure. But if he ch/R or calls and the Turn is a blank it gets pretty tough imo, since our remaining stack will be very small yet our equity will suck very much.
  • 9 replies
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      what do u think is his preflop and cbet callingrange?
      is 2bb his standardopen? how much equity do u have against his range on the flop and against his cbet-callingrange?
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      it looks like he plays very tight in the blinds when hes oop preflop. i would expect hes holding something very strong here like AK, QQ, KK or AA. I would check and hope to catch a 10 :P
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      i would not think about it too much, makes your decision even harder, with his miniraise is or a trap or something like small pair or nuts. I would probably fold preflop or push preflop....
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      UTG is min-raising, but BB is the one who calls me, I think you guys might have got this wrong ;)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Does Villain know you [History] ?
      Does Villain multitable a lot or plays <9 tables?
      Do you balance a possible ''delayed cBet'' by checking behind with a made hand as well?

I think I either bet it out for $18 or check behind and see what he does on the Turn. I prefer the latter one since I think BB is calling to let UTG in this pot as well hence his range consists of SCs, [off]suited broadways. Though he ain't 3betting a lot so his range can also consists of Top 3%

Getting more information by checking behind is more valueable and cheaper :)

- Gerv
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I think in this position and agains UTG minraiser and with increased stack I just fold AQ preflop.

As played I think I Cbet/fold.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      @Rahx: I forgot to post UTG's stats here but he is a big fish so you wouldn't want to fold AQ there =D

@ Gerv: But how will I react on the turn? He gets quite aggressive against missed cbets, but I think I'll mostly have to fold to a T bet. In case he doesn't bet on a blank Turn, do you make a delayed cbet?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well I do not found 35% Bet OOP + AFq 31 that aggressive but I think by raising a bit more preflop, people play more ABC in 3bet pots with SSPs but you also have to have the tendency with history in mind to check nuts behind.

That can especially be getting more value as he is relatively aggro.

Now I think if he checks twice, I just delayed cBet it and make a note if he c/R on the Turn

If he bets, I think you can easily fold as I see no reason to be ahead there.

Still cBet/fold Flop is viable
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Alright, that makes sense. And yeah, he doesn't seem to be that aggressive vs missed cbet, so I like your suggestion, thanks!