When to start 2+ tables

• SilentSteve
      SilentSteve
      Bronze
      Im a week old poker player (<3 the site) playing the TAG game as taught.

It can get a bit boring though when you never get playable hands over a long strech, but if you do it usually requires full concentration. So things would look up if im looking at twice the amount of hands.

Any indicators as to when someones ready?
  • 5 replies
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Hi SilentSteve,

I think you can add a table whenever you have some focus/time/concentration to spare.

So things would look up if im looking at twice the amount of hands.
      I don't understand this sentence ).

I you get too many playable hands simultaniously you can always fold the weakest ones if you think it will get you in trouble if you play them all.

Edit: Oh and of course you will have to be a winning player with the amount of tables you currently play :)
    • SilentSteve
      SilentSteve
      Bronze
      I phrased that a bit poorly, I meant that playing two tables means I would come across playable hands more often, especially considering my vpip is falling below 20%, making the grind less tiresome at times!

As for winning player, im still making up from a very poor second day, so still swings and roundabouts really.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      ah I see. I think I could have answered a bit better. Not very useful to talk about things like 'winning player' if you're just starting out.

If you feel comfortable playing 1 table and think that you are making the right decisions the majority of the time, then I would say go ahead and add another one. Especially when you get bored ).
      It will also help to clear the starting capital quicker (as a sidenote).

I would say the only reason not to do it is if it would make you uncomfortable.
      Or if you are losing a lot in a hurry ).

Hope it helps, Best of luck!
    • promofree
      promofree
      Bronze
      Are there still people that one table these days ??
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      hehe I started out with one :f_p: