freeroll tourney cash =D

• w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Just wanted somewhere to shout about coming 2nd of 224 in everest poker new-despositors $1k freeroll. Made a cash of $100 which may not sound a lot, but to me as a micro stakes player it is huge.
      Got AA cracked early on and was down to 8BB but managed to pull through and run good. So yeah, I'm feeling pretty elated right now.

In some ways I feel the poker gods are just, for $100 is the amount I lost due to the recent pitbull poker scam/closure. Now I have made it back in a freeroll.

Anyway, thanks for reading!
      Good luck at the tables,

w34z3l
  • 2 replies
    • steIIstuI
      steIIstuI
      Bronze
      what happened with pitbull? isn't it new ?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      One day I attempted to log in to my pitbull account was greeted with a message that unfortunately the owner of pitbull poker had been arrested and to cash out my bankroll please email xxxx@xxxx.com.

I emailed them and received no reply. I also highly doubt anyone else who emailed them managed to cash out their bankroll.

It wasn't entirely out of the blue however, as prior to their closure posts had been going up on twoplustwo forums making allegations about superusers and certain other underhand practices. In retrospect it looks like these guys were probably right!

All in all though, the site did seem dodgy. I have no statistical evidence to back this up.....but some of the flops I hit just seemed unnaturally good. Usually the first hand or two of a session I'd flop trips or nuts straight on a dry board and somehow get a ton of action. But this could be speculation, like I say, got no stats to prove it.

Anyhow, the lesson I've learned is, (sounds obvious), is to stay away from dodgy poker sites. I think secretly I had a hunch something was dodgy about the place and should not have been blind to this just because the site offered certain bonuses. I would never have lasted long there anyhow; extremely low volume of cash players even at the busiest of times.

w34z3l