This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [NL40] Two pair against check/raise on turn

• Cervus
      Cervus
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.40(BB) Replayer
      SB ($50.62)
      BB ($36.51)
      UTG ($39.80) 32/26, 19 hands
      UTG+1 ($10.45)
      CO ($44.35)
      Hero ($80.60)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $1.20, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.20, fold, fold

It'd been just 19 hands, but the villain looked quite aggressive. I wasn't sure if AQ justified a 3bet, so I just called in position in hope of dominating AJ or lower, which would've probably otherwise folded.

FLOP ($3) 2:diamond: A:spade: 5:club:

UTG bets $1.60, Hero raises to $4.80, UTG calls $3.20

The dream had come true, and I decided to raise the c-bet: he'd unlikely pay off more with trash, but I could increase my profit from AJ-.

TURN ($12.60) 2:diamond: A:spade: 5:club: Q:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $8.80, UTG raises to $24, Hero folds

His check/raise (practically push) looked very much like a set to me. I doubted he would've played like this with TPTK or a draw, therefore chose to fold.

How would you've played?
  • 2 replies
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      first that deap i'll 3 bet preflop IP too see how strong he think he is
      as played il raise to 4.60$ on flop
      i dont think that he have set there on flop, why he will raise u tu 24$??? on turn i'm shoving with mine top 2 pairs if he had set, nh sir, but i have 4 more outs to redraw (asuming that he have 22,55 if he have aa or qq ur dead but there only 2 hands left A :club: A:heart: ,Q :spade: Q :diamond: and i dont think he have that) i dont think he have set there I put him on A :heart: 5 :heart: , A :heart: 2 :heart: , (and very nice monster hand monster draw) A :club: 2 :club: ,
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      call pf is fine
      I prefer calling instead of raising on dry boards, but if you want to get all-in then raise is also ok.
      turn you can´t b/f with top two pair
      He´d play AK the same as set, so you have to go with your hand and I´d expect you´re ahead most of the times