This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH QQ push or not preflop?

• koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2(Hero):
      $50.85
      MP3:
      $56.40
      CO:
      $90.70
      BU:
      $50.00
      SB:
      $82.40
      BB:
      $50.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $2.00, MP3 raises to $6.00, 4 folds,

Villain is a multitabling nitty reg. With 2% 3-bet preflop or something like that. I usually push QQ+ and AK+ against anyone preflop, but is that really profitable? Should I continue pushing QQ/AK preflop against anyone?

And in this hand against this reg, is it possible to simply fold QQ right here, preflop? Or should I atleast call?
  • 9 replies
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      put ur money in

6 handed qq+ preflop 100-200 blinds deep 3beting, 4beting, 5 beting shoving ->raising all day vs 97% of players (how many hands had u played vs this guy he might be in that 3%) but i never call vs him nether i reraise him to 15$ and fold if he shoves

FR qq+ preflop 100-200 blinds deep 3beting, 4beting, 5 beting shoving ->raising all day vs 85%+++ of players

AK ?( hmm....
      I never overplay AK,I never overplay AK,...........I never overplay AK,I never overplay AK,...
      HERO HAND: AK
      ALL IN!!!

qq+ = $$$$+++++
      AK=~~?????
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      4-betting and getting all-in seems a little bad, since you´re overreping your hand against tight player
      I´d call and play postflop oop
      even if you hit overpair you can c/c flop and c/f turn against tight player
      but if you hit your set then you stack his KK/AA
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      4-betting and getting all-in seems a little bad, since you´re overreping your hand against tight player
      SH??? not 4beting QQ oop??, and c/caling flop with overpair and folding turn(i gues ur thinking on no drawy boards)????
      why not c/r flop??
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheRebuz
      SH??? not 4beting QQ oop??, and c/caling flop with overpair and folding turn(i gues ur thinking on no drawy boards)????
      why not c/r flop??
      I think c/r flop with overpair is definitely overplaying your hand - all worse hands will fold to a checkraise, better hands will take your money.
    • koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      why not c/r flop??
      We're talking about a very tight opponent here. Against other opponents it's a different case :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by koaesica
      why not c/r flop??
      We're talking about a very tight opponent here. Against other opponents it's a different case :)
      +1
      with 2% 3-bet range you often see him having KK/AA
    • TheRebuz
      TheRebuz
      Black
      put ur money in

6 handed qq+ preflop 100-200 blinds deep 3beting, 4beting, 5 beting shoving ->raising all day vs 97% of players (how many hands had u played vs this guy he might be in that 3%) but i never call vs him nether i reraise him to 15$ and fold if he shoves

FR qq+ preflop 100-200 blinds deep 3beting, 4beting, 5 beting shoving ->raising all day vs 85%+++ of players

AK ?( hmm....
      I never overplay AK,I never overplay AK,...........I never overplay AK,I never overplay AK,...
      HERO HAND: AK
      ALL IN!!!

qq+ = $$$$+++++
      AK=~~?????
      yea i agreed with that if u put him in that 3%