Pokerstars. win and lose. Help

• iudaic
      iudaic
      Global
      Hi
      I created an account on pokerstars and receive those 50$ starting capital.
      I started playing short stack (a little adapted - more aggressive) and after 4 days of playing i transformed my staring capital in 180. i reached the 500 points but i continuing playing because i wanted to make 200$. Well... i started to lose.. but big time. I started again playing NL10 when i had less than 60$. And since then every time i make 10 bucks i lose 12. I don't know what to do. I lose only with strong hands. Every time i have a AQ someone else has AK, every time i have QQ someone else has KK and so on. I know about bad luck but this is too much.
      And i observed some strange things on stars like they give us action hands (to create a big pot so their commission to increases). I've seen AA K QQ and JJ on the same round. Its freaking amazing. I'm starting to believe that my progress from the beginning was part of their marketing policy.
      Whats you impression abut this "sad" story?
  • 29 replies
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      my view of this is: BULLSH*T!
      stars isn't rigged, shit happens.
      Drop down limits and grind it back up, varience hits us all.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi iudaic,

Sorry to hear you've hit a bit of a downswing. This sounds like just standard variance or might possibly include a leak in your current game.

The best recommendation I can give you is to re-read the strategy articles and stick to the recommended starting hands rigidly. By playing "a little more aggressively" as you described it, you will just make even greater swings than normal and if you do have any leaks in your game, your losses will be multiplied.

This obviously helped you to quickly grow your balance, but can easily lead to you losing it all even quicker.

It is far better to slowly grow your bankroll by grinding out over a longer period of time. The experience and knowledge you gain on the lower limits is vital to your longer bankroll health and will be worth a lot more than the odd few $'s you gain at the moment.

Also make good use of the sample hands boards within the forum. PokerStrategy coaches and other hugely experienced members are always keen to help fellow members by explaining what the best action is in certain situations.

Good luck with rebuilding your roll.

Best regards,

Bart
    • iudaic
      iudaic
      Global
      thanks for your answer guys... i will keep you informed of my progress
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      this is just something i noticed... its like everytime you go all in if your ahead 90% of the time online poker rooms will always let an opponent catch you in the river. changed my play so that i let my opponent shove first and i call and its been very good lately.

broke my break even streak and been profitable since then. or you can just say its lucky
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dwyt84
      this is just something i noticed... its like everytime you go all in if your ahead 90% of the time online poker rooms will always let an opponent catch you in the river. changed my play so that i let my opponent shove first and i call and its been very good lately.

broke my break even streak and been profitable since then. or you can just say its lucky
      FUCKING LMAO
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      yeah well i believe luck is still a factor in poker and with the way i was playing lucky wasnt on my side. when i changed it all up... thats when i noticed lady luck was in love with me again.

i know im superstitious but who cares as long as im raking in the money again lol :P :P :P
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shortfuse
      Originally posted by dwyt84

FUCKING LMAO
      Easy fix, make sure you're behind when you put the money in. Give that a go a see if you ALWAYS win.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      i just played one hand on full tilt. and won with aq vs ak. granted my sample size is a bit small but this MUST prove all poker rooms are rigged!!!
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      My last session my KK was all in pre flop v AA. I lost...Full Tilt is soooooooooo rigged! :rolleyes:
    • iudaic
      iudaic
      Global
      No.. i lost again on Stars..... i'm so sad. I have only 32$ from my hard earned 180. I think its a fix up on Stars... they give you with one hand and takes it away with two.... I'm losing too bizarre... there are people that call with stupid hands and win (an ex from 10 minuts ago 69 and the flop is 7 8 10).
      If i wait for the sss cards i will never play poker. I never got good cards for my position. I mean... i don't ply stupid cards but if i have a KQ or a A 10 i will play it no matter of the position. I'm playing 9 tables and sometimes i wait more than 10 minus for a good hand and msot of the time i lose. Its so sad AND STRANGE... and the beginning making so easily money and now losing everything.
      Guys, please help me with something... i'm so depressed
    • iudaic
      iudaic
      Global
      i think my poker carer is over for me... sad sad story... i only have 18$ form by beautiful 180 earned bankroll. I can tell you now its not my skills... its pokerstars.
      Sad sad story ...
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by iudaic
      i think my poker carer is over for me... sad sad story... i only have 18$ form by beautiful 180 earned bankroll. I can tell you now its not my skills... its pokerstars.
      Sad sad story ...
      There nothing wrong with pokerstars....

You honestly saying there fixing "action hands" up for an exra 20cents rake? Comon...These guys make millions from EPT and other lugrative events...they dont care about a poxey exra 20cents....Just admit your not as good as you think you are then you can improve develope and become a winner. Until you can admit your not a good player you will never become one. Im not saying that to be harsh to you, its a fact. Its the first step in a long journey.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      "I don't ply stupid cards but if i have a KQ or a A 10 i will play it no matter of the position"

I think this may be your problem......
    • iudaic
      iudaic
      Global
      maybe i'm not as good i think i am but its not strange to lose every hand? If i go all in with AK, from 10 times i lose like 7 of the cases... really now.. its not strange?
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      At best AK all in is only 48% so you're not even a favourite. if your against a Pocket pair. against a hand like Q-10 you'll only be like a 55/60% favourite. and a sarmple size of 12 is way to small. Flip a coin 12 times and tell me how many times it comes up heads...i bet you its not 6! It'll more likley be either 3or4ish OR 8or9ish. And theres a 50% chance of each flip been heads...poker works the same.

Its called varriance. Thats all it is... we go through spells where no one can touch us. We also go through spells where we get completley owned. It's the nature of the game. The only reasson people losse in the long run is because of bad play. How about playing 50,000 hands at one limit? Then you can make a conclusion. If your lossing after 50,000 hands its not because of the pokersite nor is it likley to be varriance....
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      At best AK all in is only 48% so you're not even a favourite. if your against a Pocket pair. against a hand like Q-10 you'll only be like a 55/60% favourite. and a sarmple size of 12 is way to small. Flip a coin 12 times and tell me how many times it comes up heads...i bet you its not 6! It'll more likley be either 3or4ish OR 8or9ish. And theres a 50% chance of each flip been heads...poker works the same.

Its called varriance. Thats all it is... we go through spells where no one can touch us. We also go through spells where we get completley owned. It's the nature of the game. The only reasson people losse in the long run is because of bad play. How about playing 50,000 hands at one limit? Then you can make a conclusion. If your lossing after 50,000 hands its not because of the pokersite nor is it likley to be varriance....
      FUCKING LMAO THIS THREAD IS FULL OF SHIT
    • xhunni
      xhunni
      Bronze
      I think the thing with online pooker is true about seeing more bad beats because you see more volume in hands. I usually play 1 table at a time but last night decided to pull a multi table session, I have never seen that many bad beats and stuff in my life. But that is because I am playing 4 tables at once.
      And grow up you lose some you win some thats poker, learn from those hands and adapt your play.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by iudaic
      maybe i'm not as good i think i am but its not strange to lose every hand? If i go all in with AK, from 10 times i lose like 7 of the cases... really now.. its not strange?
      Its NORMAL... I haven;t won a flip with AK in god knows how long, don't really care about it either. Look at this hand ffs:

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      2 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com
      $6.00+$0.25

Stacks:
      SB pitkulka (1,395)
      BB Hero (1,605)

Blinds: 75/150

Pre-Flop: (225, 2 players) Hero is BB 3:diamond: 9:spade:
      pitkulka calls 75, Hero checks

Flop: 2:heart: 3:spade: 9:heart: (300, 2 players)
      Hero goes all-in 1,455, pitkulka goes all-in 1,245

Turn: 2:spade: (3,000, 2 players, 2 all-in)

River: J:diamond: (3,000, 2 players, 2 all-in)

Final Pot: 3,000
      Hero shows two pair, Nines and Threes
      3:diamond: 9:spade:
      pitkulka shows two pair, Jacks and Deuces
      A:spade: J:spade:

pitkulka wins 2,790 (net +1,395)

Hero collects 210 (net -1,395)

(do not comment on.. eh why you shove bla bla.. its meta game, you do not know the previous hands played)

You see making threads about.. OMG I ROCK AT POKER, BUT ITS RIGGED I JUST CAN'T WIN?

I don't bloody care.... even thought I get shit like that I still make money HU, like 20-30% ROI on this fish limit.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shortfuse
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn

FUCKING LMAO THIS THREAD IS FULL OF SHIT
      Deffine how its full of shit? You dumb knowledges moron...