[NL2-NL10] NL10 AK pre 5-bet after thin raises ??

• Malv19
      Malv19
      Bronze
      Hi villain who 3-bet me was very agressive in 55 hands 3-bet 22%. But villain who 4-bet was 29/15/2.3 in 66 hands. His 3-bet was 0. How play against these thin raises ?? I wrote on chat that have AA and 5-bet to 2,5 :D . So he let me see all streets :P

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($9.80)
      Button ($20.11)
      SB ($10.09)
      BB ($10.43)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A:diamond: , K:spade:
      Hero bets $0.40, Button raises $0.70, SB raises $1.15, 1 fold, Hero raises $2.10, 1 fold, SB calls $1.30

Flop: ($5.80) 5:spade: , 7:heart: , 3:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.80) J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($5.80) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $5.80
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Then continue to fire until they all fold if they believe the AA thing : D

Seriously tho, i could see myself playing that hand so many different ways i'm not sure what would be my default. Depends on:

- what BU will do if i flat the 4bet? If i think there is a decent chance that he'll 5bet with a wide range because of all the action i'd gladly give him a chance to trap more money in there, and even if he overcalls it's not horrible to see a flop with AK and position against SB.

- has SB been adapting to the maniac BU somehow or not? The more i feel he's willing to get involved with BU the lighter i'll go broke preflop, if i think he's tight and hasn't been doing anything for 70 hands, then suddenly just coldmin4bet i might even just consider folding if i think BU will come over the top again anyway.

From 5-betting to $3 and calling a shove, to just flatting to play postflop, or even flatting in the hope that everybody goes all-in with garbage and we're in decent shape with AK, i don't think you can really go wrong consider how insane/bad BU looks to be.

Hope it helps.