This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AK pre 5-bet after thin raises ??

• Malv19
      Malv19
      Bronze
      Hi villain who 3-bet me was very agressive in 55 hands 3-bet 22%. But villain who 4-bet was 29/15/2.3 in 66 hands. His 3-bet was 0. How play against these thin raises ?? I wrote on chat that have AA and 5-bet to 2,5 :D . So he let me see all streets :P

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (4 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($9.80)
      Button ($20.11)
      SB ($10.09)
      BB ($10.43)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A:diamond: , K:spade:
      Hero bets $0.40, Button raises $0.70, SB raises $1.15, 1 fold, Hero raises $2.10, 1 fold, SB calls $1.30

Flop: ($5.80) 5:spade: , 7:heart: , 3:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.80) J:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($5.80) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $5.80
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Then continue to fire until they all fold if they believe the AA thing : D

Seriously tho, i could see myself playing that hand so many different ways i'm not sure what would be my default. Depends on:

- what BU will do if i flat the 4bet? If i think there is a decent chance that he'll 5bet with a wide range because of all the action i'd gladly give him a chance to trap more money in there, and even if he overcalls it's not horrible to see a flop with AK and position against SB.

- has SB been adapting to the maniac BU somehow or not? The more i feel he's willing to get involved with BU the lighter i'll go broke preflop, if i think he's tight and hasn't been doing anything for 70 hands, then suddenly just coldmin4bet i might even just consider folding if i think BU will come over the top again anyway.

From 5-betting to $3 and calling a shove, to just flatting to play postflop, or even flatting in the hope that everybody goes all-in with garbage and we're in decent shape with AK, i don't think you can really go wrong consider how insane/bad BU looks to be.

Hope it helps.