New Poker Player

• iudaic
      iudaic
      Global
      Hi guys
      I'm a new poker player. Actually i play for a wile but i think that is not considered poker in your standards.
      Like 10 days ago i created an account on PokerStars and receive 50$ starting capital. I started playing SSS (more aggressive) and made 180 and soon after that i pretty much lost all my profit. Now i know my game is not good. I don't use any program.. i'm not calculating my chances... i play very old school... but in poker its not a good thing.
      I started today looking at this forum for answers and realized i don't know s*ith about poker.
      I really want to learn to play and i need your help.
      First of all i don't know all this terminology that you use. I know that UTG is the first one after BB and i think a loose player is one that don't play a lot of hands.
      I really need some help here... i can understand nobody has time or the necessary disposition to coach me but please tell me where to look.
      Another thing that i really need is a program that is monitoring players... that tells me info about them (aggressive factor etc). Where can i find somethig like that... and pls give me some names.

This is all.. for now
  • 3 replies
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Well you're in the right place. Start by reading through the basic and bronze articles in the strategy section. If you need help with the lingo look it up in the glossary. As for software you can get elephant for free from this site. You can also get free trials of PokerTracker3 or Holdem Manager.

Good Luck
    • iudaic
      iudaic
      Global
      hi
      i just installed Elephant and selected expert mode where there will be statistics not a typology of players. What do you think abut this? should i change this to beginner?

Can you tell me the topology of players with a short descriptions and how is best to play against them.

And first of all.. what the hell means HUH?
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Not an expert when it comes to using Elephant but when it comes to poker terms I'm sure this will help u a lot:
      Poker Glossary

Good luck with learning!