[NL2-NL10] Nl10 TT SB

• anduke
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, T.
      2 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.5) J, 6, 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, BB folds.

Turn: ($3.1) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, CO raises to $3.50, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.5.

Villain is 24/6/1.80/ 70hands
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Against bad players i'll usually play TT like TPNK in that spot, flop is dry enough for them to still call with a lot of worse hands like worse pocket pairs and overcards, and when you relinquish the betting lead to a guy that seems sort of tight/passive he's usually not gonna bluff enough for you to bluff-catch anyway, he'll just check back his 6 outers and draw out on you often. And even if he does bluff sometimes you have no idea how hard he'll go at it, maybe he'll take one stab, maybe he'll shove the turn with his bluffs, and you can't call down with TT.

As played on the turn i like a check/fold better than a bet/fold, since i doubt he bluffs on the flop with any decent frequency in the first place, and it looks like you have a J, i think he'll mostly give up on his bluffs on that card. Bad tight passive players don't think in terms of that turn making it less likely we have Jx, more in terms of it improved our hand and we won't fold anything.

Hope it helps.