5min downswing

• degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      well, biggest downswing I've had I think (SSS), and all happened in 5hands all within 5mins and different tables. couple were quite simple bad beats, got QQ and villain with KK, ok np. then losing with 99 to 88 and on the same time on different table got AK, there's A on the flop and no straight nor flushdraws and lost against JTo in the end. Result -> over 100$ lost in 5mins which is about 10% of the bankroll I have. think I'm gonna take a lil break from poker.
  • 8 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      that sux
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Im sorry to hear that, but how do you say? Thats Poker! Take a little break, read some articles, post some of your hands in our sample hands forum and listen to coachings. That should help.

Good luck!
      Puschkin81
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Whell if I raise preflop UTG AA and MP2 goes all-in with A9 and he wins with the last card, that is just so sick, next hand KK vs TT all-in preflop (ofcourse T on the flop:) ), then lost QQ to KT (he flopped flush:) ), finally JJ found QQ:) and so my bankroll were back down to 200$ and I have to start climbing up again. You could play perfect poker but nothing to do against bad beats.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Just a tip in general. Do not see how much money you lost in a pot when you had a bad beat, better analyse your hands and check out if you made the right decision on every street. If you did, then you know that you will win big in the future and you should continue to work on your poker skills. If you did not made the right decisions, you know you did something wrong and should work harder on your poker skills as well. ;)
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      @degnic: I dont think SSS players gets permision to complain about bad beats . you should be happy if other players are willing to give you action since they almost never have odds for it. anyway 10% bankroll is not that critical and im sure you win 5 hands in a row sometimes too (maybe not in 5 minutes :P ).
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      yeah, I don't usually mind my raise getting called by total trash hand, only when it outdraws mine with the weakest odds ever and many times in a row ! :D

but helps to think that I've built most of my bankroll from players who keeps calling with slim odds. Sometimes fishes doesn't swim without some assistance :rolleyes:
    • matti2k
      matti2k
      Bronze
      lol if that's the biggest downswing you ever had you shouldn't be worrying. I have seen my BR do crazier stuff (pretty much like everyone else I think)
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze
      :(