This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] (2nl) Two Pair on the River vs. Donkbet

• anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($4.98)
      UTG+1 ($2.35)
      CO ($5.65)
      Hero ($5.20)
      SB ($2.03)
      BB ($2)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 6 players) Hero is BTN 10:heart: Q:club:
      UTG calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.09, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.07

Flop: A:heart: 2:diamond: Q:spade: ($0.21, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.18, UTG calls $0.18

Turn: 9:club: ($0.57, 2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: 10:spade: ($0.57, 2 players)
      UTG bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

Can I raise the river for value here? He seemed really tight and I was not sure what to do as I did not expect a donkbet on the river.
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Depends on how tight he is, both preflop and postflop.

With a raise you're basically trying to get called by weakish top pairs, so if he can show up with AK/AJ/A8-A3 there, there is a decent chance he can call a small raise with it. If however you think he's never limp/calling AK/AJ because he'd raise them, and A8-A3 because he doesn't play them, then you don't have many worse hands that might call a river raise and you should call.

Most of the players who are limp/calling from any position in a 6max game are usually loose enough to limp/call weak aces, so i'll usually raise anyway the first time and adjust for future hands depending on what happens. I don't hate flat calling the first time either if you'd rather get information on villain by seeing a showdown than risk getting 3bet out of the hand.

Hope it helps.
    • anstaendig
      anstaendig
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tamairlarace
      I don't hate flat calling the first time either if you'd rather get information on villain by seeing a showdown than risk getting 3bet out of the hand.

Hope it helps.
      Yeah. That was my first thought.