UTG ($2)
      UTG+1 ($5.03)
      CO ($4.29)
      BTN ($4.92)
      SB ($4.13)
      Hero ($4.33)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 6 players) Hero is BB 10:diamond: A:diamond:
      4 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.04

Flop: 5:diamond: Q:spade: 8:diamond: ($0.10, 2 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.36, SB calls $0.24

Turn: K:heart: ($0.82, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

I raised the flop to build a pot because I have decent equity. On the turn I get a gutshot as well. I didn't bet the turn as I didn't want to get check-raised because we're 200bb deep. Should I bet the turn because of my equity here and maybe some foldequity against a queen?
  • 3 replies
    • JohnnyChrist
      You definitely should of bet on the turn. You had great chances but not a hand yet, taking down the pot on turn would be a good thing and if it doesn't work there, you'll still have a nut straight and a flush draw.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Yeah i would bet too, not really sure what he'll fold but at nl2 people always show up with more stuff than you think, so he'll definitely fold some of the time tho i doubt he'll let go of a Q just yet. Since he didn't 3bet the flop i don't expect him to raise the turn almost ever unless he has a really strong hand he's getting tricky with, in which case since we have deep stacks we can still call in position and valuebet the river when we hit, people hate folding strong hands. Also, if he has another diamond draw, which his line represents quite well so far, he's not folding to another 2/3ish bet, and we get his stack on a river diamond.

Hope it helps.
    • anstaendig
      Well i had no smaller flushdraw in mind. thanks