Stacks:
      UTG ($2.02)
      UTG+1 ($5.06)
      CO ($1.21)
      BTN ($4.61)
      Hero ($6.09)
      BB ($2)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 6 players) Hero is SB K:club: Q:diamond:
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks

Flop: 8:club: K:spade: 4:club: ($0.08, 4 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.06

Turn: 10:club: ($0.20, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BTN calls $0.14

River: 8:diamond: ($0.48, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.48, Hero calls $0.48

Flop and turn are fine I think. But what to do on the river? I thought betting wouldn't be that great as there are not so many hands paying me off. His potsized bet was a bit suspicious. My first thought was to fold.
  • 2 replies
    • MaCe90
      MaCe90
      Bronze
      That's how one gets the most value of a made hand on the river ... representing a bluff. Most of the times that will actually be a made hand that easily beats you, I'd say you had the right feeling. Again , the image of your opponent matters.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

First off i'd raise it up preflop, they're obviously both bad and KQo is way ahead of the range of hands they'll call a raise with, so we want to play a bigger pot with those guys in that situation. Being out of position isn't that much of a concern against them even if we're deep, they're bad enough that we can just keep betting into them with a top pair.

On the river since he can't have many busted draws that he'll feel obligated to bet with i don't really like check/calling, you're probably better off betting yourself. He's not folding Kx, he might even talk himself into calling one more with stuff like 5c5x that peeled all the way with a club, that's why they're bad and that's why we valuebet. After all, you paid off a full potsize bet anyway, so betting out yourself 2/3 won't lose you more money ever. If he raises your bet on the river you're toast in my opinion, they it's not like you have to feel bad about folding the hand.

Hope it helps.